Quote Originally Posted by KIR23 View Post
I also turned to Photoshop but working in Photoshop I always feel pain and nostalgy of how easy and quick things in Xara were. Crop, copy, feather , and recompose, scatter along a curve, all in just a couple clicks .

In Photoshop same is so annoying I always kind of gasping. And the "names" system is so brilliant idea. I really need it. Would buy Xara for tripled price in a heartbeat would they do 16 bit grayscale image support at least.
Ironically, I use Xara for just about everything except for image editing, where the engineers are putting a lot of effort.

Xara needs:

• The capability to read and write image data to several color spaces in addition to sRGB.
• Color profiling. How else can an artist calibrate and ensure their work on Tuesday is the same as on the next Wednesday?
• Channels. Not transparency masks, but channels, where you can, for example store a bump map, so the effect can be done in a better Live Effect than the limited Emboss.
• Resampling done with a weighted average of bicubic interpolation.
•Rotation where you can see what the exported file will look like. Here's a magnified view of a rotated bitmap. How can you tell how smoothly this will export?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8-31-2016 12-02-20 PM.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	114061

Does Xara export pixels that are rotated? I don't think so.

Types of sharpening and blurring on the PPhoto tools toolbar.

I truly appreciate the capability to integrate photosa with vectors, and the non-destructive editing of bitmaps.

But you can't do color-critical work in Xara, nor for the price should you expect it.

My Best,

Gary