Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default New Google forms

I've been playing around with Google Forms (the new version) and I'm impressed. Its streamlined easy to use and unlike any other free form creation tool ( that I've found) it has Logic Jump (where you jump from one section to another based on your answer) and you can assign points to questions and create quizzes. There is not much customization yet but you can upload your own images and it's possible that in the long run they may add more.

embedding a google form into Xara is a simple copy and place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: New Google forms

Good morning Angelize - there has been lots of threads on the forum regarding the lack of contact forms within Xara, this may be a stupid question, but could Google forms be used for this function?

Looks good but it seems to be geared more for surveys and data collection than for contact forms. I created a basic "contact us" form and it works pretty good but the way it collects and displays responses isn't the best for replying to enquiries. For example there doesn't seem to be any way to easily reply to a respondant, you could copy and paste email addresses and reply that way but it's a bit clunky. Maybe some of the addons would make this easier. Some more theme controls for it would be nice, to reduce sizes etc. Nice and easy to get working in xara though, copy and paste and away you go.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

I tried the Google Form and it worked well. I only tried it for a simple 'contact us form' on a web site but intend to try it for a booking system I had on a WebPlus site.

The only thing is it, looks very big, presumably so it can be read on a mobile phone. Do you know of any way to make the form smaller?

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Yes the google forms can be used for even the simplest contact form and you can resize the form how ever you want. Create your place holder to the size you need In google forms click send then select the embed icon (<>) and where it shows the form size just change it to match your placeholder size. The embed code automatically updates and then just copy it to the clipboard. In your Xara software open the web properties (with the place holder selected and on the place holder tab select replace with html (body) and paste in the embed code.

This is part of what makes the new forms better than the old they have made them responsive so they will fit what ever size you need. I haven't fully explored it yet but I think when doing variants in Xara you would need to go back to GF and make sure the form size matches each placeholder in each variant. But you wouldn't have to redo the whole form each time just change the size and copy and paste the code.

There are add ons and Forms its self has a setting to give you email notifications if your form has a field to collect an e-mail address you could respond via e-mail. There is one add on that works with business hangouts but that I think is geared toward collaboration.

Forms also has a script editor so maybe someone who has the know how could add different functionalities that way, unfortunately I don't know how that part works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.