Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: A coule of thoughts about a 3D COMPETITION

I chose the same one but this is little different and not an exact copy. (Would be hard to beat the one already posted.)

Not completely finished and needs adjusting here and there.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compass1.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	113405
    Box modelling stages.

Will post rendered one later, if I feel it looks good enough and may even tweak it to look more like the original one.

Looks pretty good so far.

This is a great initiation, I think the most beneficial would be for everyone as theinonen posted, so showing some stages of his working process and by that hints for others, who would like to complete the same.

I selected the Rubik's cube tutorial from http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/mar10/, also registered the steps in Blender if someone is interested

Name:	HowToBlenderRubiksCube.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	113413

I love Windows 10 so much.

Was working on rendering the stuff, when this awesome operating system restarted itself without a warning. Back to starting grid then and when I finally managed to set up everything again and was ready to press the render button... program error, software will be closed.

Simple things really should not be this hard.

Name:	compass2.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	113424

Name:	compass3.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	113427

Default A 3D Modeling Challenge

Gary Priester did a tutorial on how to draw French fries in a commercial fast food sleeve. I think it's the best illustration I've seen in commercial art to promote/show off a product, so naturally the only way to interpret his work in the September 2011 tutorial using non 2D tools is to get a little playful with the fries.

This is a WIP: I need to add ketcup, as Gary P. did. But I did manage to feature all the salt they put on the fries at America's Favorite Scottish Restaurant, and I'll try to simulate grease after adding the condiment:

Name:	Needs-Ketchup.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	113440

My Best,

Name:  g cubist tiny.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  4.0 KB

Default Re: A 3D Modeling Challenge

GP's September 2005 tutorial, "Keep your eyes on the road"
    The models you all have done look great. Its OK to do as many as you want.
    Gary's fries are making me hungry, I'll have a quarter pounder to go.
    I did a steps for those of you who want to see such a thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eyeball rod.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	113443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eyeball.model.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	113444  

Your models and rendering are awesome, thanks for showing

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

You guys have inspired me to update my copy of Blender and while my modeling skills are rusty and I never was a great 3D modeler I'm going to have a go at a simple one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Sorry to disappoint you, Mike, but we ran out of Quarter Pounders at noon. A big busload of Trump campaigners pulled in, and both of them wanted fifty-five Quarter Plunderers each.

It would have been nice if they'd paid for them, but fortunately I was able to nuke a Big Mac I had in the freezer. Gary P. did a stunning tutorial, very nicely done Velveeta, Gare, here, in Autumn 2012.

Lettuce was a monster of an endeavor. I had to subdivide the daylights out of a plane and then use a Turbulence filter using noise as the seed in C4D. Looking back, I should have applied some translucence and Subsurface Scattering, but I'm not getting paid to do this.

That was a joke.

Render is out of modo, Flame Painter was handy to create the smoke. P'shop to warm up the burger (beyond what I'd done in the microwave) using the updated Nik's Color fx gaggle of filters Google gave away, and is still giving away Today we're giving away Nik for the next three months :)

Name:	Big-Mac.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	113455

Name:	BigMacwireframe.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	37.8 KB 
ID:	113454

Name:  G-cube-B&W.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  4.2 KB
    Last edited by Gare; 17 July 2016 at 01:56 PM. Reason: I had to retouch an adjective

Someone might find Gary's Apple logo tutorial on link http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/jan09/, for that summarized a small sheet how to export the Apple logo as symbol from Xara to Blender in .svg format:

Name:	ExportSVGtoBlender.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	113458

The +6 small tips are just my investigations for questions 1) the imported object arrives too small , then 2) its center is not in the mass, 3) it is imported as curve, so need to be mesh, 4) it arrives with a lot of triangle faces, so how to simplify, 5) it is flat so should be extruded and 6) one face can be not enough for bevelling, so can be worth to create inset faces.

As I find bevelling such .svg object can be quite tricky depending on the shape, so surely more small tips would be needed