Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Black and white photos appearing red on Apple products

Hi all

Am just getting to grips with ProX365 and am having a strange problem.

As per title the majority of black and white photos appear as red and white on Apple iphones and Ipads.

When viewed in the preview screen they look fine but the problem occurs on the live site.

Bizarrely one page on the site with B&W images is OK but another two are not - any ideas?

Default Re: Black and white photos appearing red on Apple products

Whats the url nobbyy?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It's a site under development so I can't post it at the moment, I will pistol a screen grab in the morning.

I have resolved the problem, but I still don't know what caused it.

I think that the original photos must have been corrupted in some way, even though they displayed fine on my PC.

To resolve it I imported into Xara and then re-exported as jpg, this worked for most, but for 2 I had to export as PNG.

Probably not the best solution but a pragmatic one!

Hi Guys,

Thank you for reporting this, we too have seen this and have fixed this internally (DDES-12139) and the fix will be included in the future patch. If anyone is having issues with this, to fix, simply right click the image and create a bitmap copy of it, then delete the original and use the bitmap copy.

Thanks,
    Ben

Ben - many thanks for letting me know.

Couple of quick questions - is there a database available where we can view known issues - I spent hours last night trying to work out what this was and would have been helpful, just to see it listed as a know issue.

Secondly - any idea what causes this, again I spent ages trying to work out why it affected some B&W images and not others.