Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Photo Hoovers ... unable to edit text

Trying to fulfill a customer's needs for Co-op ad money ... and a "hoover link" would fill the bill.

Problem is, NONE of the text is editable. If I double click, a behavior that usually opens a hoover, these won't .

Somehow, I don't think GM will like "a beautiful picture" to be the text that shows when a visitor on my customer's site wants to go to the local dealership's site.

I must be missing something ... What?

Default Re: Photo Hoovers ... unable to edit text

Can you explain in more detail what your problem is Dijenga.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Using WD365 - needing to have something like the "hoover link" photo hoover. (at work now, so no access to WD365 to post an example).

It is an image (I would replace with customer's ad). When you mouseover, a transparent panel covers the image and text appears. The text in all of the examples, the text is something like "beautiful photo".

Certainly, no one expects this to be acceptable for any use other than to blow one's own horn. It really doesn't matter if I think a photo is beautiful, and even if I think it is, why would I need to tell someone?

Other photo hoovers allow you to edit the text by editing the hoover. These only allow you to change the image by moving it within the frame and resizing the frame.

Double clicking does not allow editing of the text or the little symbol in one of the examples.

Sorry I didn't grasp what you meant from your first post, I haven't used Hover Pop-Ups.

The text is in the Mouse over layer. You can edit it within that layer.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You are referring to the On-line Content Catalogue, which has a folder Photo Hovers - NEW.
    You can find all the Photo & Content Slideshows widgets in the Content Catalogue under Components > Image Resources > Photo Hovers or Photo Slideshows & Galleries.

The hover you described with the text "A Beautiful Photo". can be edited as described here; http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/wd365/#xl_heading-photohovers.

Understanding this part
    Advanced: This is just a Soft Group of a collection of objects, with a MouseOver layer containing the
    mouse-over animated effects. The Link or photo pop-up effects is set on the photo.
    is how you start to deconstruct and then understand how these design components are simple in concept.

To get there you do have to read the documentation and experiment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hoover damn.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	113344

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Sorry I didn't grasp what you meant from your first post, I haven't used Hover Pop-Ups.

The text is in the Mouse over layer. You can edit it within that layer.
    Ah, a bit of inconsistency to keep one on their toes. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You are referring to the On-line Content Catalogue, which has a folder Photo Hovers - NEW.
    You can find all the Photo & Content Slideshows widgets in the Content Catalogue under Components > Image Resources > Photo Hovers or Photo Slideshows & Galleries.

The hover you described with the text "A Beautiful Photo". can be edited as described here; http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/wd365/#xl_heading-photohovers.

Understanding this part is how you start to deconstruct and then understand how these design components are simple in concept.

To get there you do have to read the documentation and experiment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hoover damn.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	113344

Acorn
    LOL! Yeah, sorry about the spelling ... doesn't take much of a brain fart from an old goat like me to really stink the place up