Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Scrolling up and behind 'sticky' objects-- but not to top of page. Advice, scripts?

I don't know if it can be done, but hear me out.

My webpage has a 'sticky' object (title logo/banner thing) at the top of the page. Obviously objects that are non-sticky or are set to 'stick to top' will scroll up and behind this logo.

Is there a way to stop the scrolling before these objects reach the top? A sort of script one could insert into the body of the site?

I've attached a screenshot of approximately where I'd like the scrolling to stop behind the sticky object. Of course I could simply place a sticky rectangle, stretched to full width behind the title image, but that isn't the design I'm going for.

It's not a huge deal, but it'd be cool if it were possible.

The site is currently live (though I'm still making changes to both the main and mobile variant) if you need to view what I'm talking about regarding the scrolling behind the sticky object: mandabee.com

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sceenshotXarasite_scroll.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	113321  

Default Re: Scrolling up and behind 'sticky' objects-- but not to top of page. Advice, script

The only way I can think of is to limit the depth of your page. Why do you want to stop the scrolling at a certain point?

Default Re: Scrolling up and behind 'sticky' objects-- but not to top of page. Advice, script

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    The only way I can think of is to limit the depth of your page. Why do you want to stop the scrolling at a certain point?
    I don't really want to "stop" the scrolling, I simply want the scrolling objects to not be visible (fade to top?) after a certain point behind the sticky object.

Ah. You mean like this? Open this document and preview and scroll the page
    Attached Files Attached Files

You'll need to create an image similar to the attached for the sticky. You'd also need to adjust the background image (the one of the bee) to match the colour values of the sticky shape. Hard to recreate without the web/xar file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	manda-bee.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	113325  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Check mine out Egg.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Ah. You mean like this? Open this document and preview and scroll the page
    YES! That's exactly what I want to do. Now, uh... how do I go about doing that? Nurp.

EDIT: Oh wait, nvm. You just placed a white rectangle with transparency at the bottom behind your sticky image.

Check mine out Egg.
    Oh, yours is far bigger than mine Gary!

Cross posting again. Exactly what I meant too, but the background image may cause issues as I stated in my post
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

MandaBee - You got it. The rectangle needs to be the same color or pattern as the background.

Awesome art on your website, by the way. Xara?

Egg - I figured we cross posted. You have to be quick in this forum.

I tried copying the background image (which is set to sticky and full width on pasteboard layer), using transparency so that it overlaps precisely over the original, cropping it up to where I want it behind the logo, undoing the transparency, placing it under the sticky logo on the mouse-off layer with the same properties as the background image, but in preview it doesn't match up. I tried moving the logo stuff and the cropped (tried as a copied bitmap image after cropping, also) all to the background layer, but while it matches up in the editor window, it too doesn't match up in preview.

Ah vell. :/