Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tables

Default Tables

I need to create a page on one site that has a table. This is the page: http://eastmidlandsnadfas.co.uk/membersocieties.html

I know Xara does not do tables, can anyone suggest a way to get a similar effect?

I've seen mention of columns but cannot see how you can set up a Text Box with columns & rows.

It doesn't need to be exactly like this but needs to do that same thing; a list to look down with headings, able to cope with different sized boxes for information.

Default Re: Tables

Janet, you could try this.

Search for Stretch Panel in the On-line Content Catalogue.
    Make 3 clones and place then aligned tops across the page.
    If you have to make different widths, using the Select Tool, hold the Ctrl key and click on the text and adjust the red with line to suit.

For the leftmost one, using the Select Tool, hold the Ctrl key and click on the shape, away from the text - change its colour.
    Do the same but on the text. Type in your row detail for all four boxes.

You will now have a ragged bottom line.

For the three shorter boxes, type in carriage returns until each equals the tallest box.

Create more rows and align.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Arg! I wish I had never looked. That pink is too too intense. Bring the saturation a bit if you don't want to blind your visitors

I must admit I went blind for a time.

Make your background a tint of the NADFAS logo.
    Look at what West Midlands have done in matching their NavBar colour.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes the pink is totally out of keeping with the NADFAS vibe. The NDFAS review publications are based on pastel hues - I'd follow that lead.

Yes I took this over from someone else and had to keep it the same for a while. I will take the opportunity to change things like that when I change it over to Xara from WebPlus. I'm leaving that one until last because of the table, but will try your idea. Thanks.

I plough a lone furrow re google drive but it's an excellent way to put a table on a site. The main advantage is you don't need to open Xara to amend the table content, just update the Google Spreadsheet.

EXAMPLE
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Duivendrecht (near Amsterdam) - The Netherlands

Hi, you wrote: "....I know Xara does not do tables, can anyone suggest a way to get a similar effect?...." but I'm not sure about that.
    When you create a table in Excel and select that table, copy it, paste it in your Xara design, you have some possibilities to paste it.
    Works fine for lots of purposes!

Or use MS-Word to create your table.

Quote Originally Posted by fravis View Post
    Hi, you wrote: "....I know Xara does not do tables, can anyone suggest a way to get a similar effect?...." but I'm not sure about that.
    When you create a table in Excel and select that table, copy it, paste it in your Xara design, you have some possibilities to paste it.
    Works fine for lots of purposes!
    My only issue with it is that the resulting table, while it can be edited in Xara, it is exported (at least when I've used one) as a graphic rather than text.

Why?