Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: We page width

Default We page width

I am thinking of changing from WebPlus to Xara Web Design and am experimenting with the trail version.

I've got a couple of pages loaded up to my hosting company 1&1. I want to use my own designed pages and create my own templates, rather than the pre xara designed ones, so it looks the same as it has always done.

I don't understand the page width business. I want my site to be viewable on the most popular sized screens so went for SVAG 760 x 700 as recommended by the Help. But it looks very small on the web, too small to be comfortably viewed on my normal screen or my wide screen.

What is the difference between choosing 760 SVGA and, 640 VGA and 960 XGA, is one better than the others?
    Is the 640 for tablets?

Also how do you rename a page?

Any advice would be appreciated. Isn't new software fun!

Default Re: We page width

Welcome to TalkGraphics

960 is a good size for browsers and you can create a Variant for mobile devices which will work from about 480-720.

You rename a page by going to the Website Properties > Page menu and entering a title and you can also add meta data.

You need to forget the svga,vga,xga suffix. The most commonly used sizes of devices are around the 1200px, 768px and 380px. These three should set you up nicely for all devices. A lot of people are still stuck on thinking that 960px is the right size for desktops but that has not been the case for a number of years. Most desktop monitors are hd resolutions (1920x1080) and most laptop screens are at least 1366x768px.

To change page name: >Web Properties, >Page and then change there.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thank you so much for your very, very helpful replies. It makes sense now. I really appreciate it.