Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face A Little Ancient Help, Please?

Hi...I purchased Web Designer 6 in 2012. The ancient old, heavy laptop I have runs Vista. I built a 100+ page web site beginning in 2000 on Trellix. Bought out by Cute Site Builder, then just after upgrade, they went to just FTP products and dropped us like a hot potato. The old laptop is unstable, needs work, it's all I had/have. Parts of the program no longer function.

Therefore....WD6. But....the CD would not load, it stopped working..something about missing drivers. Huh? I bought an external player...still would not load. So...it has been a few years until I could get a newer laptop. I suffered some medical issues, including Breast Cancer, and just didn't feel up to dealing with computers at all. Now, I am waaay behind technology!!

So, I have a few questions.

1. When I bought WD6 I qualified to upgrade to WD7. In fact, my profile shows I am running WF7, but my program only shows WD6. I go to UPGRADES and it shows I am up to date. How do I know if I am running WD7? If not, how I upgrade to WD7? I can find no info on this. HELP!!!

2. If I forego Updating to WD7 and just go ahead and purchase X365 I still need help. My daughter, who lives in another state wishes to help me. We need to create about 50 pages, at least, and reinvent the old web site. Many days, I am very under the weather, but the new web site being created on X365 would still need updates, new pics, new info, etc. Does she have to buy X365 too?

3. If she would NOT have to purchase X365, could we work on the site simultaneously? Would she be able to sign in using my acct at the same time as I did?

4. Does X365 have a Shopping Cart that is not PayPal? I would be running an Auction to raise monies for a Charity...and would love to forego paying Fees.

Thank you for any info and assistance.

Default Re: A Little Ancient Help, Please?

Welcome to TG Rileah.

Web Designer 6 is now a very old version of the software in computer time I suggest you bite the bullet & purchase Webdesigner 365.

1: I would say you're running WD6. I'm not sure what profile you're referring to. Best log into xara.com & open your account to see what software you've purchased.

2: Simple answer would be no, both of you could use Xara Online via DropBox , google Drive etc. However the editing features in Xara Online are minimal and I have a feeling that a 50 page site would be difficult to co-operate on.

3: Yes you can, but you'd need to create the site first and then she could use Xara Online to amend it in a limited manner.

4: Xara doesn't have a native shopping cart, you'd need to use a widget like Ecwid. I don't know about zero fee carts.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: A Little Ancient Help, Please?

Welcome to TalkGraphics from Placitas, NM. :-) (About 15 miles to the north of Albuquerque)