Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Host Monster/Blue Host Difficulties

Good evening all, I did not know where else to post this question, so please forgive me for posting here. My email (Mozilla's Thunderbird) stopped working yesterday morning. Late yesterday and several times today I called Host Monster/Blue Host to in order to check my email there. Long and short, I was told they were having problems with their email services. I found out passwords don't work there so assumed that might have something to do with my Thunderbird all of a sudden, not working. Just wondering if anyone else here is having problems with their services recently? I've also noticed they have made some changes to the C-Panel as well. Thanks for your forgiveness and any comments. As you can see, I am desperate to get some answers from anyone not attached to Host Monster or Blue Host.

Bob

Default Re: Host Monster/Blue Host Difficulties

If your hosting provider says their having problems with email, that is your answer. Thunderbird will be asking for your emails from your mail host and if that's not working Thunderbird won't be able to read new emails and/or send them.

A quick search via Google didn't come up with lots of people having issues.

I'd try and talk to hostmonster again.

Paul

I use HM and have many years. I had a problem with my website last summer and they were the source of the problem. They are great and I will stay with them but they will change servers and not notify customers. You can still get your email using the webmail URL but you might find that you will have to reconstruct the TBird connection, particularly if you are using IMAP. In all things email, I find the best solution is to reconstruct the connection. If you've used POP3 then all your emails are still in your TB; else they are all still in the HM server so I doubt you'll lose anything. Email headaches are the new fax headaches.

Unhappy Re: Host Monster/Blue Host Difficulties

Good Monday afternoon all and DanFelix and Pauland thanks for comments. I have been with Host Monster (HM) since 2011, but have had some difficulties along the way. First of all, I am more than happy I was permitted to post this concern. In 2o14 I began having problems with Thunderbird continuous requesting my password. Of course after so many tries I came to learn that HM blacklisted my email account. I was told that after so many attempts to input my password, HM cuts me off. Now, I must say I had made absolutely no changes to Thunderbird in any way. Recently, I began having the same problems. I must have called HM 10 times during this period trying to find out why the problem. At one point I was told they were working on the servers, and in fact I could see that info when I was asked to bring up HM on my computer. My other problem was, all of my email files and Xara 10 Premium website files had been deleted from their servers and no one would or could tell me what happened. Late yesterday, I called and the agent I spoke with said he would restore my website files. Most of my email files were also restored. However, my email client (Thunderbird) is still not acting right. I have had no emails to this point from this morning and that concerns me. I am on the verge of ditching HM, but don't know what this process means in terms of switching everything over, etc. During my many calls to HM I noted that some of the techs had different responses or no exact response to my questions, especially when I suggested the problems originated from HM and nothing I had done. I never got a real clear answer. What are some of the best Hosting Company's available and I don't need anything super powerful. I can do with the basics that will permit me to build small websites and get my emails without problems? Finally, has anyone moved from one hosting company to another and what problems did you have? Thanks all.
    Bob

Before you jump ship get someone with a tad more IT experience to check over your setup.
    Get HM or someone else to establish the exact requirements for your Account and Server Settings.
    Just because you haven't changed anything doesn't mean Thunderbird hasn't hiccoughed.

In restoring your email, HM might have put you on a different mail server.
    Again, it is their responsibility to advise changes and in your reported circumstances to probably make good.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have had no emails to this point from this morning and that concerns me.

Do you mean that you have not received any emails using TBird email client or that your account has no emails when you checked through webmail (Horde, RoundCube, Squirrel)?

Hello Acorn and thank you for commenting. In fact I did have a rep from HM go through with all of the settings with Thunderbird. However, I was told that TB can be troubling and not the most stable from time to time. If HM put me on a different server the rep never mentioned that. I did find out my exact IP Address today when the AT&T (UVERSE) tech came out to my home because of my concern regarding a sometime error message noting 2 computers using the same IP Address. I am preparing to call HM today to have them check to see if my IP Address has been black listed. If not my email should work properly. I will be looking for another email client and get rid of Thunder Bird because I've had problems with it before. I will not jump ship before I get as many facts as possible. Thanks all.
    Bob

Just to give a bit of balance here, TB has been the primary mail client used by myself and my wife for several years now and has been absolutely reliable..

..you may just find it's not TB at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Just to give a bit of balance here, TB has been the primary mail client used by myself and my wife for several years now and has been absolutely reliable..
    ..you may just find it's not TB at all.
    +1 - I've a number of email accounts and I garner them all in TB and have had no particular issues over all its versions for four years.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Unhappy Re: Host Monster/Blue Host Difficulties

Hello all and thank you all for commenting. I did do some research and found a number of folk have problems with TB not working correctly. However, I still think Host Monster has had some impact on my email problems. However, I am now trying out "Mailbird" and so far it's working fine. I am still learning how to use it. Don't get me wrong, I love TB and the many attributes it offers. One is being able to put my signature in using various fonts and sizes. I don't know If I can do that with Mailbird. By the way, Mailbird is working good while Thunderbird is still requesting a password, which I've already put in 5 or 6 times. I have no idea what that's all about.

I have been doing some research regarding Hosting Company's and found many A+ possitive comments regarding eHost.com. As I stated earlier, back several years ago I had problems with Host Monster, but stuck with them because I could never find anyone who had actually move from one Hosting company to another and what problems they had doing so. I am sure it's a time sensitive process, plus transferring over emails, websites, etc. I have no idea how long that would take, although I don't have much to transfer. And, I don't know if a company would just take their time since and user is leaving them. In other words, slow walk the process. These are many of the reasons I've hung on and stayed put.
    Bob