Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image slider....

Hi,

I'm looking for an image slider that can go full-width across the page (Stretchy, if you will).

Better yet, something that looks like this:- http://enlightiks.com/ (Watch slider on top of page).

This one is beautiful! Stretchy (responsive) and has animated objects appearing on top..! Wonderful! (I think this, however, is done with Bootstrap).

Any ideas, anyone?

Default Re: Image slider....

Acorn or one of the other code savvy members probably can figure out if this was a stock widget of custom coding.

But this might be the answer http://wowslider.com/

thanks for that link, I was also looking for other options. I have a website using the stock supplied sliders and I want to 1. kill off the 1.2.3.4.5 buttons which I cant do in the examples supplied, 2. I also want to be able to bump up the text in the slider on the mobile variant of my website (where the slider text is too small).

Quote Originally Posted by Room101 View Post
    thanks for that link, I was also looking for other options. I have a website using the stock supplied sliders and I want to 1. kill off the 1.2.3.4.5 buttons which I cant do in the examples supplied, 2. I also want to be able to bump up the text in the slider on the mobile variant of my website (where the slider text is too small).
    Which particular slider do you need customising? I may have done this already.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn
    It's the Nivo Slider Widget.
    It's quite a tall aspect ratio. If I could have it the same width but half or two thirds the height that would be great.
    The idea being that it becomes an active banner beneath the header on my home page rather than looking like a tall television.
    The company concerned doesn't like the slide numbers (as Xara supply on some of their more shallow slide widgets, 1,2,3,4,5, etc.) either, so that's why I went for the taller Nivo Slider Widget (which they hate the height of)
    Here is the 'work in progress' website so you can see what I mean. Excuse the boring website compared to your sexy offerings, this one is for connector engineers : - O
    http://www.nykcs.com/
    kind regards, Stan

Smile Re: Image slider....

Hi Acorn
    It's the Nivo Slider Widget.
    It's quite a tall aspect ratio. If I could have it the same width but half or two thirds the height that would be great.
    The idea being that it becomes an active banner beneath the header on my home page rather than looking like a tall television.
    The company concerned doesn't like the slide numbers (as Xara supply on some of their more shallow slide widgets, 1,2,3,4,5, etc.) either, so that's why I went for the taller Nivo Slider Widget (which they hate the height of)
    Here is the 'work in progress' website so you can see what I mean. Excuse the boring website compared to your sexy offerings, this one is for connector engineers : - O
    http://www.nykcs.com/
    kind regards, Stan
    See if this rocks your boat: Nivo Slider CSS.web.

You're probably stuck with the 3:2 ratio.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn
    many thanks
    I have just downloaded this
    forgive me - how do I import this into Xara to use it? (I'm new to this software so my nose is always in the manual, going by your posts your instructions will be perfect I'm sure)
    cheers.

Acorn
    many thanks
    I have just downloaded this
    forgive me - how do I import this into Xara to use it? (I'm new to this software so my nose is always in the manual, going by your posts your instructions will be perfect I'm sure)
    cheers.
    Add your Nivo Slider from the Local Designs gallery to your page.
    Copy and paste the required code placeholders into your document.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 12 July 2016 at 12:59 PM.