Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Caustic 3 Reskinning Project

Decided to tackle skinning one of my favorite music programs called Caustic by Single Cell Software.

I'll be posting updates as I reskin the various synthesizers and effects devices to be based off real devices that do similar things (for instance, the DS8 shown here is heavily based off of Korg's ES-1 Mk II sampler since they are fairly close in sound.

I plan on doing all the graphics first and then will break apart the knobs and displays into pieces so they're usable by Caustic (knobs/knob pointers are on a separate layer, for instance, as well as all alpha numeric displays).

Here's the first couple of effects (there's 24 I think?) which I based off BOSS guitar pedals.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pedals_assortment.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	113232

Here's Beatbox, which I changed into DS-8 (as mentioned above).

Name:	beatbox.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	113233

And here's Bassline, which is based off Roland TB-303 ( opted out of going too close as Roland has license agreements for the likeness of the unit with other companies, so I'm trying to get close without outright putting myself in legal troubles!)

Name:	bassline final.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	113234

I will post the rest of the other 16 machines (including a modular synthesizer with about 30 components to it) and effects here as they become finished before I rasterize them to insert into Caustic.

EDIT: Please note, I have no control over knob placement or sizes. That is determined by the software and not me.

Default Re: Caustic 3 Reskinning Project

I have Caustic (iPad), hseiken, and like it very much though I'm leaning more toward Gadget. Great job on the skins! Keep up the good work, and go make music.

Tom

Name:	in progress.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	113269

Detail working on the FM synth, based off Yamaha DX200.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Name:	FM Synth Final.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	113270

The finished DX200 style clone for the FM Synth. I still might move some stuff around on the right side. I'm not quite happy with it.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

How can i download it? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Paredes View Post
    How can i download it? Thank you
    Martin, all you have to do is use the web to search for the product and work it out yourself.

Welcome to TalkGraphics,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good looking work, hseiken.

I looked at this yesterday and was impressed, hseiken
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.