Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Collier drawn using only 25 vairiable corner shapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Thought this might be a fun exercise, just draw something using nothing but the new variable corner shape.

Here's the result.
    This is my favorite of the new shapes and this is why.

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for the ‘demo’ Egg. I was on holiday when the trial was released and eagerly downloaded it only to discover the variable corners smart shape is disabled. With few vector enhancements, this is not helpful in making the major life decision to upgrade or not.

I played with the rectangle quick shape and noted when using the rotation handle a tool tip displays the angle. Similarly, when proportionally resizing the shape, the percent of increase/decrease from the original can be viewed. However, no information is displayed when resizing a single side or adjusting corner curvature. Does the same apply to the variable corners shape as well?

Cheers, Julia

Thank you Acorn. I sure have a lot to learn in this 365
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Ok, I've seen a few references to having individual control of the corner radius but I can' t figure out how that is being done. I also couldn't find anything online for it, just Gary mentioning it in his write-up of X365. Anyone care to give me a quick lesson in how this is accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by Thatch View Post
    Ok, I've seen a few references to having individual control of the corner radius but I can' t figure out how that is being done. I also couldn't find anything online for it, just Gary mentioning it in his write-up of X365. Anyone care to give me a quick lesson in how this is accomplished?
    Import the Variable Corners Smart Shape.
    Double-click on it to change tool to the QuickShape Tool.
    Click on the visible Green controls (pop-up "Click to change style").
    If one is not visible, drag the Yellow control (pop-up "Corner size") to somewhere to reveal the Green one.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ahh, that's what I needed... I didn't realize that there was a specific variable corner smart shape. I thought it was a feature of the smart shape squares/rectangle... it never dawned on me to look for a specific shape for that. As soon as I got that it was obvious how to manipulate it.

Thanks