ok... after Mr Nice Guy, here comes Mr Pragmatic:

Quote Originally Posted by RichardPM View Post
I too am saying Goodbye to Xara after a good many years of buying their bi annual interface upgrades.
entirely your choice - good luck

The final kicker for me is that despite an extensive description, complete with examples, pictures and pdfs, Xara "product support" has done nothing to fix a very annoying problem in the Print control when using some Brother printers. I was made to feel that it was my fault or even my unpaid job to do all the debugging for them, even though each time I sent some details in, replies indicated it was more or less ignored.
I tried pretty much the same thing in Affinity and lo and behold, no problems.
you know, sometimes there are just incompatibilities with certain configurations/prgrams/devices... nothing works with everything in exatly the way everyone wants, it's a fact of life.. it's not the job of support to make the program work in every conceivable way possible, just to support in the way it does work as far as is possible and log bugs for the development team - and the root cause may be nothing to do with the xara program regardles of what else works or does not

I also asked why it was impossible to have default setting saved as global options rather than on a page by page basis, to be told "that is the way it is"!. Had they actually pretended they were listening and even say, offered a nominal discount on next 'upgrade' for the many hours of my time spent explaining this vexing issue, it would have been much much better customer support.
I do hope you realise how that sounds

I saw that about a year or so ago they were advertising for programmers so assumed this was to do a careful rebuild of the programme and fix up a number of other very longstanding glaring errors, omissions and oversights. There is so much that could be simply done to further develop, improve and make this programme a real winner, but instead, they are just milking it.
I am sure they are doing the best they can with the resources they have, which are limited

I am also happy to say that Affinity is cheaper than a Xara upgrade and does all I really need
a good reason for moving then

I anticipate that they might be more responsive to user comments, too.
good luck with that too