Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Web Designer 365 Premium Updated

We’ve released a new version of Web Designer 365 Premium under our Update Service. New features are marked as NEW - JULY 2016 on our What’s New page @ http://www.xara.com/web-designer/whats-new/ and details have been added to the Web Designer 365 release notes at http://releasenotes.xara.hosting/wd365 , but briefly the additions are:

- In partnership with Pixabay we’ve added fully integrated access to a library of CC0 stock photos & illustrations in the Online Content Catalog
    - Also in the Content Catalog there are 25+ photo filter pre-sets
    - Several useful list editing improvements
    - Some minor SVG import improvements

Select ‘Check for Updates’ in the Web Designer 365 Premium Help menu to download the updates.

Remember under our Update Service you can access these new features & content now, at no extra charge, if you already own Web Designer 365 Premium - but if you are unaware of the Update Service and how it works see http://www.xara.com/update-service/ for more information on the service and the conditions that apply.
    Kate Moir
    [url]http://www.xara.com[/url]

Unhappy Re: Xara Web Designer 365 Premium Updated

Kate, just tried forcing a manual update and got the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2016-07-04 18.06.40.png 
Views:	300 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	113210

Sad face,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Web Designer 365 Premium Updated

No problems here. Help > Look for Updates worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    No problems here. Help > Look for Updates worked fine.
    Gary, my Help > Check for updates... fails repeatedly at 13% download. Spoke too soon, it's now within a second of starting.

Also the Program update window is hiding important information:

Name:	Screenshot 2016-07-04 18.25.36.png 
Views:	272 
Size:	15.9 KB 
ID:	113211

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Must be my day.
    I thought it might be my firewall - no.
    So I killed everything to discover it was TalkGraphics! Actually, having a browser open.

I then managed to get the download, got the splash screen to version 12.2.0 and then:

Name:	Screenshot 2016-07-04 18.40.58.png 
Views:	243 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	113212
    No Web Designer Premium on the top.
    Also lost an unsaved file (did so on purpose to see what might happen - it did).

Off to Shutdown,
    Acorn

Joy of joys!
    It turns out it is a Tecknet wireless mouse that had decided to arm wrestle with the wifi.

All good but mouseless,
    Acorn

When I select Check for Updates, it prompts me to register the product. So I enter the information and it tells me the product is already registered. That's as far as I can go. The update is not downloaded.

= Steve

I get the same - 'update is corrupt' at about 8mb .. this shouldn't be so cryptic - updates should go smoothly no matter what else is going on with my machine. The program itself is a cryptic pain to work with so I guess the update is consistent with everything else. I can't recommend this program to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    When I select Check for Updates, it prompts me to register the product. So I enter the information and it tells me the product is already registered. That's as far as I can go. The update is not downloaded.
    = Steve
    Steve, what version are you on? (Help > About...)
    Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoad View Post
    I get the same - 'update is corrupt' at about 8mb .. this shouldn't be so cryptic - updates should go smoothly no matter what else is going on with my machine.
    roadtoad, get real. I had horrors to work through and none of them were down to the Xara installation itself. Worst case, run in Safe mode with Network and download that way. Check what your Firewall is up to. A download is a download and if everyone else is getting it fully, the problem will be with you. Yes, it is a pain but raise a ticket with Xara; they do help people through these installation problems.

Quote Originally Posted by roadtoad View Post
    The program itself is a cryptic pain to work with so I guess the update is consistent with everything else. I can't recommend this program to anyone.
    A very sweeping statement so tell us the top three things that aren't working for you and we'll try to help.

Acorn