Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: JUST RELEASED! Xara Designer Pro X365

Hmmm... check for updates does not show this. I guess an entirely new product/system? Will one be able to run both XDPX11 and 365 concurrently?

Quote Originally Posted by Panchdara View Post
    Hmmm... check for updates does not show this. I guess an entirely new product/system? Will one be able to run both XDPX11 and 365 concurrently?
    Okay.. update notification working now.
    Best

I do not see fascinate reviews.

As for me:

1. Improved vector tools - zero.
    2. Improved typography tools - laugh.
    3. Smart shapes - never used.
    4. Photo editing tools:
    a) New blending modes - why only two? Now every editor has a full set of transparency modes. Why Xara not?
    b) New PSD features - I'm not sure that it's necessary for me.
    c) Cheap plugins and stock database - this is no improvement of program core, but small additions.
    By the way, serious customers never take pictures from free databases. Copyright risk is too great. I do not need.

Conclusion:

The lack of serious improvements in color management, typography, compatibility of standard graphic file formats makes
    Xara not more modern and professional.
    Xara remains very comfortable graphic software with ordinary functionality.

I'm taking a break and invest somewhere else. Very sorry.

Is there anything new that only Designer Pro has?

As far as I can tell it's only the new features of Web Designer and P&G combined

Panchdara - Yes, you can have both versions installed.

Digitalphaser - Many of us were hoping for more features in the typography area. Dodge and Burn the two new transparency blend modes join the modes added in the previous version, Overlay, Hard Light and Soft Light, plus Color and an updated Luminosity. Normal, Multiply and Screen round out the list. My favorite Brightness was dropped which means I will keep DPX 11 on my computer for when I need it to add shape to an object.

Dutchim - I don't think there are any new features exclusive to DPX365. But this is consistent with the previous versions. DPX365 just gives you all the tools and features.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Digitalphaser - Many of us were hoping for more features in the typography area. Dodge and Burn the two new transparency blend modes join the modes added in the previous version, Overlay, Hard Light and Soft Light, plus Color and an updated Luminosity. Normal, Multiply and Screen round out the list. My favorite Brightness was dropped which means I will keep DPX 11 on my computer for when I need it to add shape to an object.
    Yeah, I know. I just expressed my surprise. Tansparency types are not some secret or know-how for programmers.
    Xara adds each last years only two new transparency modes. I suspect that small additions will be sold as serious innovations.

Today, even web designers have the ability via simple programming languages(CSS,JS,SWG/XML) to use up to 15 transparency types. Why Xara not?
    What prevents to equip a program with simple standard tools? I do not ask for the impossible. These are quite basic things.

Just tried to buy the upgrade at £75 including VAT as offered. When I get to the check out it converts it to dollars and it magically becomes $118.18 (approx. £91). I know that the pound is falling, but that much? I would have throught that if the offer price is £75 then that's what I should be paying.