Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Default Re: JUST RELEASED! Xara Designer Pro X365

To add to my problems on not being able to get content and design galleries downloaded, every time I fire up the program I get Getting Started page how do I remove it.
    Deleting it does not work as it appears again

Many thanks Mike. Worked a treat.

You're most welcome, Jimi.

Mike

I know I am not alone in wanting to fix the EXPORT JPG default settings.

FIX as in LOCK down say full page 96dpi 9% - If you export a hundred 1080p you really dont want to do an unnecessary mouse dance every single time

I know from many posts asking for exactly this - save all the export settings until changed - please

- Also the EXIF DATA is way better - now I can at least open a 360 degree picture - drop in a logo - remove a tripod - do a little colour correction - and Facebook 360 still sees it as a 360 - -

PS Fitting Logos on the inside of a flattned sphere is only to be attempted by the already insane.

Although I do have a Xara Grid Template if anyone wants it

So will I press the BUY button this time?

Hell yes its a small price to pay to have someone on the end of a problem I dont see any other product out there that I would want to spend time investing in.
    I spend hours daily in Xara one min designing a favicon by the end of the day I might have designed a roadside billboard - a 3fold take away menu and a pretty robust website.

PS If you want to see a photograph edited in xara as a sphere - its here

Theta 360 degree GRID template attached - a great help when using the mould tool
    Attached Files Attached Files

David, and if you didn't see my comment earlier, page size is now not bound to the 8' or so limit. Still, it is wise to keep the total combined page size (page plus bleed plus marks) to 200" or less, it is a boon for us making large work.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDB View Post
    I know I am not alone in wanting to fix the EXPORT JPG default settings. FIX as in LOCK down say full page 96dpi 9% - If you export a hundred 1080p you really dont want to do an unnecessary mouse dance every single time
    What? Xara has always remembered the export settings for bitmaps, which means it is one extra button press to use the normal export dialog. I don't think I have ever used the Export JPG, even when I've had dozens of files to export.
    Asus Zenbook Duo, 12th Gen Core i7, 16Gb RAM, Windows 11 (fully updated). bandcamp.novakill.com

it does not remember area to save set to 'page', it reverts to 'page content'
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for clearing that up Handrawn - I know its only a little thing but its a little annoyance that happens a hundred times a week

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    David, and if you didn't see my comment earlier, page size is now not bound to the 8' or so limit. Still, it is wise to keep the total combined page size (page plus bleed plus marks) to 200" or less, it is a boon for us making large work.
    so mike - what happens if we open a ver 12 document that is bigger than 8 ft in version 11 or before - does it resize, are things lost ? - should I give it a go and find out [probably...]?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Have a go at it. I started with version 6 and there was always the possibility of creating a larger page size via a few hoops to jump through. Output was sketchy though. I've created one banner for a sign company I do odd jobs for in XDP 365 and it output great.