Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PhotoLooks in Xara Designer Pro V12

Hi, could you please advise is there somehow possibility to have the Photo looks in Live Effect tool in the new Xara Designer Pro 12?

In version V11 that is in the below Magic Bullet/Looks menu:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Looks.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	113261

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: PhotoLooks in Xara Designer Pro V12

Hi csehz,

I believe that the photolooks plugin is no longer bundled with Xara products as it has been discontinued by Red Giant. However in the new 365 versions of Photo & graphic designer and Designer pro you have a variety of presets to choose from that make a good starting point for a quick edit.

If you want something a bit more robust that offers a set of filters with sliders for adjustment ON1 software has a free version of its effects module. It doesn't work with Xara as a plug in but it can be used as a stand alone editor and you can set Xara to use it as an external editor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Angelize thanks for the advices, will try to check which are the alternative options of V12 to complete something similiar what the photolooks plugin did

Go to the PS Plug-ins folder in Version 11 and copy the folder Magic Bullet folder and paste it into Designer Pro X365. I just tried it and it works fine.

From: Program Files > Xara > Xara Designer Pro X 11 > Xara Picture Editor > Xara Picture Editor

To Program Files > Xara > Xara Designer Pro X > 12 > Xara Picture Editor > Xara Picture Editor

Gary thanks very much, that advice is amazing It is really works!