Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Website comes up skinny on Explorer/Chrome ?

Using Web Designer 365 Premium I constructed a small website and it
    does not fill the screen on any browser only about 1/2 the monitor screen.
    Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

thank you
    Wayne
    Last edited by Acorn; 30 June 2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Deleted email as requested

Default Re: Website comes up skinny on Explorer/Chrome ?

Hi Wayne and welcome to TG, your page size is 960 wide by 1000 px long and your black background does not cover it. Go to your page layers on the right of the page, unlock the page background and pasteboard background by clicking on the orange lock then click on your black page background and enlarge to the limits of the page. You might also want to consider changing your pasteboard background color to black or any other color by dragging your chosen color over the white background. Next you will need to move your items on your page to where you want them. You may also want to right click your mouse while on the page background then click web properties at the bottom, then click on the website tab at the top and then click on the clip to page edges at the bottom in the other box. This last step will permit you to push items further out but the item needs to be touching the page background box to show when you preview and publish. Let us know how you make out.

Ciao

Roly

[QUOTE=Wayne Grove;555942[/QUOTE]Might I suggest you remove your email to avoid a shed-load of spam?
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn
    Your suggestion well taken. HELP says I can edit posts with the edit button but I don't have an edit button ??
    Wayne

Roly
    Thank you for your information. I am working on it. So far I have managed to screw up my test page but I was working with it
    via TeamView from my office. Later this afternoon I will have some time to dig back into it. Again, thanks for your interest and
    I will let you know how we do.
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Grove View Post
    Acorn
    Your suggestion well taken. HELP says I can edit posts with the edit button but I don't have an edit button ??
    Wayne
    I'll ask a Mod to do it for you; you do have Edit on a Post but for a short time only.
    Oops, that's me! Done.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Oops, that's me! Done.
    Senior moment there Acorn
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Acorn
    Thank you, your a good man Charlie Brown
    Wayne

Roly
    Update: Worked long time today and have been able to share to web blank pages full screen. Thats the good news.
    Problem now is even though the new pages look good when I check to browser they are blank except for the same size
    strip down the middle. Something is not allowing me to widen the area that will accept the stuff over the entire page ??
    Any good ideas. You have me on the way but after a couple hours I had to give up.
    Wayne
    Sorry to be a problem child

Hi Wayne, if you were to upload a copy of your website (either .web or .xar) it would make the job easier to find your problem(s), as well more people could offer solutions.

Ciao

Roly