Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav bars stoping working (xara x11) Lose ability to update.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this issue in Xara Pro X11 with their Nav Bar creation??
    I'm using Pro x11 and after I make adjustments to the content of the nav bar, it stops working and sometimes I can't even edit it although it gives me the option to change where it points. I click the tab to change the link but nothing happens. The Nav menu won't come up. I've noticed this with nav bars from both the designs gallery, and also from the templates. Currently working with a wide style mobile ready template from the online content catalogue and same thing happens... this version (pro x11) has been doing this over and over even with the nav bars I build from scratch.
    'Here's the kicker'....
    When I pull in (copy/paste) from pro X10 or any other version, they seem to work fine but it's a pain it the rear to constantly be doing that so I'm wondering if there's a fix for this or a way to get this version's nav bars working consistently and maintaining their 'updatability' as I'm working on the site.???

Any help appreciated.

Default Re: Nav bars stoping working (xara x11) Lose ability to update.

Is it possible for you to upload your file or a page from your file for us to look at? I think the size limit is 10MB. (To upload a file, click Go Advanced under the message window, then scroll down to Manage Attachments. Browse to file and click Open. At this point you might need to expand the window until you see a button Close this Window).

Providing I have uploaded this correctly, Natures nook should be attached to this post now.

I left a couple of notes on the page.

Btw... thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK. I opened and previewed this file in DPX11 and it works fine for me. I can double click on the nav bar and view your links to anchors on the inside. And in browser preview the buttons are linking to the appropriate anchors.

Not clear on your buttons and note on the pasteboard area but I assume they were to point out the issues you are having.

What I did notice is this. Your mouse off and mouse over buttons are the same and for some reason they vibrate when I mouse over them. And the very least, you could make the mouse over buttons a different color. And looking at your default setting for Web Animation > Mouse-over is Zoom-Fade, Very Fast. Try just Fade > Fast. That and a different mouse over button color (just change the color for the home button on one layer or the other and the rest of the buttons will update).

And looking at the Page & Layer gallery my eyes glazed over. I am not sure how you got so many imported extra layers!

What I would do is cut the content (if there is any) on these extra layers and paste it in the MouseOff or MouseOver layer. Then delete all these extra layers. You should only have the original MouseOff and MouseOver layers and the Guides Layer if you have any guidelines on the page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imported.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	113138  

Thanks GW.... The insight was appreciated. Apologies on the sloooowww response.