Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Old Folks Deodorant

@pauland

I don't have anything to say about the drawing [except that I don't find it offensive] so, wisely or not, I am not saying anything about it

if you don't want childish arguments then maybe you should be more grown up in your attitude to art and it's context and the replies you give to others; I don't give my opinions to everything on this forum because a) it would often not be helpful, and b) I would get banned

so having expressed your opinion, when watcher came back perhaps you should have left it at that - replying with an opening line of patronising sarcasm [and how childish is that?] means you left yourself wide open...

:P
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I hope I can politely point out that this is the Art Gallery.
    We all have opinions and view... and I do too!

Shall we agree to say whether the drawing is good or not?
    Rather than going back and forth with comments that probably don't look good to a visitor to TG.

The OP was probably tying to be humourous, and if his humour didn't agree with you, then that's the problem with humour.

So, may I respectfully ask that we limit ourselves to commenting on the quality of the drawing?

Thanking you all, in advance.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

The drawing is well executed. However the crutches aren't. It wasn't until I read later replies that I realised what they were meant to be. I thought they were hypodermic needles. As for the humour, it did nothing for me.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I agree with handrawn, lighten up every one, ok a lot may object to the crutches but it was not meant to be offensive in my opinion, only humorous and with regard to an old folks deodorant well, there's a couple of old guys not far from me could do with some of that if not dragging through the sheep dip. (humour). Don't forget he said this was his first attempt at something of his own so perhaps it would have been better to have pointed out that some might find the crutches offensive and not dismiss his effort out of hand and deter any beginners away from posting ever for fear of a forum slanging match. Besides all that, good effort Watcher900

Stygg
    Last edited by stygg2003; 27 June 2016 at 05:43 AM.

Up date for old folks deodorants and the like!

Eureka! Shampoo bottle that lets you use every last drop: Scientists at Ohio State University create a lining that allows soap to pour cleanly out of plastic containers, reducing waste and irritation Daily Mail.

Must buy one of those

Stygg

Nice drawing but I agree with Egg about the crutches.
    As for the humor, I liked that too and responded with some of my own warped humor.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by stygg2003 View Post
    Up date for old folks deodorants and the like!

Eureka! Shampoo bottle that lets you use every last drop: Scientists at Ohio State University create a lining that allows soap to pour cleanly out of plastic containers, reducing waste and irritation Daily Mail.

Must buy one of those

Stygg
    I would too Stygg if I didn't like the fragrance of the deodorant I use now so much.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

The crutches were a last minute thing. I was looking for something to replace the Old Spice Ship. I couldn't find anything in the clip art I have. I really wanted a wheelchair . I didn't think it would even be noticed. Wrong again as usual. I'll be more careful the next time. I made some crutches this morning and I will donate them to the free clip art forum so no one will have to suffer the humiliation I had to endure . Thanks everyone for all the comments I really do appreciate it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3Crutches.png 
Views:	102 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	113118

That's far better W900. Nice job. I believe the problem with your original image was the dark infill of the crutches.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thank's Egg, your right. I slapped in a clip art image and it looked bad. All I had to do is take the time and make them myself and the result is a lot better.