Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How many installs allowed?

I thought we were allowed to install Xara Designer Pro on 3 different computers?

Or is it only 2 these days?

Default Re: How many installs allowed?

Off the top of my head it's restricted to only two.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Xara > Help: activate
    Purchasing and unlocking Xara Designer Pro X11
    Important Notes: One-time registration is required to activate the purchased version. Registration and activation, integrated content, online services and video tutorials require an Internet connection and current web browser. This software can be activated by one user on two computers. It is possible to cancel an activation when it is no longer required, freeing it for use on another computer (select the Deactivate program option in the Help menu).
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks guys for clearing it up

Related question: XARA is activated on a machine. That machine balls up and requires reinstall of OS but before this, part of the ballsup, is that all programs are removed (not accessible/deleted). Can I just reinstall XDP11 and reenter serial and reactivate or must I deactivate (via website) and reactivate - or is there a DELAY? (something about 30 days?)

Best
    Hugh

if your reinstall is the same OS as before and you do not make any hardware changes it should reactivate

if this fails you can deactivate the previous config via the website

the 30 days rule is that you can only deactivate via the website once every 30 days - only a problem if you have already done this within the 30 days before your reinstall, in which case you can contact xara support and they should sort it oiut for you...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    if your reinstall is the same OS as before and you do not make any hardware changes it should reactivate

if this fails you can deactivate the previous config via the website

the 30 days rule is that you can only deactivate via the website once every 30 days - only a problem if you have already done this within the 30 days before your reinstall, in which case you can contact xara support and they should sort it oiut for you...
    Many, many, many thanks for your prompt reply. Understood. Most appreciated.
    Best
    Hugh

lets hope you don't have to do it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    lets hope you don't have to do it
    Yeah. Watch this space... I'll have an answer later this w/e after I rebuild the system (no hardware changes).

Best

Quote Originally Posted by Panchdara View Post
    Yeah. Watch this space... I'll have an answer later this w/e after I rebuild the system (no hardware changes).

Best
    Well, the deed has been done. It would not allow me to activate the same machine, even with the same name. So, I deactivated via web site and activated via program. All fine (so far). However I believe I am now restricted to a 30 day deactivation via web.

Thanks muchly HandDrawn.