Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: New objects added to MouseOver Layer - EVERY TIME!!!!

Hi Guys,

Here's a video of the problem happening...

Hi Ian,

The problem is that when you open a page in the Page & Layers Gallery it opens to whatever layer was last active for that page. So if you're viewing page1 with the Mouse Off layer active, moving to page2 doesn't automatically make Mouse Off layer the active layer.

So you need to select the the layer you wish to add the new content too. If that layer has either the viewable or editable icons turned off you get the warning. If they are both viewable & editable there's no warning.

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg,

Thanks for that. Much appreciated.

The thing is, I've been using Xara Web Designer on a regular basis since version 7, and never experienced this problem before until 365.

I often work with the MouseOver layer unlocked and visible, and yet new objects always ended up on the MouseOff layer in the past.

I'm quite convinced that the 'last layer used per page' is not working for me. I'll keep trying to replicate the issue.

Many thanks and regards,

Ian