Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wotsitsname?

Default Re: Wotsitsname?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you do realise that the suffix 'oid' refers the shape characteristic, as in 'ovoid' and not the shape itself as in 'oval' [for example]

so even if the shape in question is a 'boboid' that still leaves open the question of what particular boboid it is....

[isn't this where we came in....]
    Good points handrawn. Still I think Stadium should be about right, although I do like the term Boboid meaning a short stadium shape, which in my opinion is what Bob is showing.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I would say it's a fat cursus - the thing Ben Hur nearly died charioting round - which originally was the surround of a stadium [which was straight].

My tuppence worth
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

cursus - of course ! []

now why didn't I think of that... cogito ergo dumb
    Last edited by handrawn; 17 June 2016 at 11:02 PM. Reason: my eyes are playing up; tis the [hay feaver]season
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi, just to keep the ball rolling, alternative names to stadium are discorectangle and obround, see the following link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_(geometry)

Ciao

Roly

Boboid means resembles a Bob. I just hope Bob isn't this shape.
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I couldn't get roly's link to work but this does. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_(geometry). So according to this would it be called an obround.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.