So, finishing up my first Xara site, customer calls with a couple minor changes and I start to work ...

C R A S H ! ! !

No problem, I saved the site before the last operation so we'll just restart the program and get back to editing.

Not really. When the program crashed, it saved the file .... and apparently in an older format because when I restart, I get a warning that I probably should update the format of my site. Hmmm...

So, I save the project again with a different name after I apply the updated format.

Now I look and the window where my pages are displayed no longer has scroll bars. The menu bar across the top of the UI is now "hidden" until I mouse to the extreme top of the page AND click.

All my customizations are gone ... as is part of my last week of work.

1. With multiple saves, the lost work can mostly be fixed with out too much trouble ... even though it "puts me hot" as we cajuns say it.

2. The UI, however, is now nearly possible to get along with because I have to use the mouse's scrolling wheel to move up, down, and hold the shift to move left or right. PAIN IN THE *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I'm up against a deadline ... Monday AM. Not next Monday, tomorrow!

I can put up with a lot of weirdness in UI, and some quirkiness, but

I * W I L L * N O T * T O L L E R A T E * L O S T * W O R K * B E C A U S E * O F * S H O D D Y * S O F T W A R E !!!

If you don't believe me, ask the folks over at Serif when I got screwed after purchasing WPX6 ... which still tried to access a folder on their server after installed along with all of its other bugs.

Customization? No, my UI was back to out of the box dark UI except that I had the file and the align toolbars at the top of the page when this happened. That would be easy to change.

I gotta try to hobble to get this finished, but I'll be back if I figure it out.