Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Default text color

I'm using Designer Pro X10. When I make a new Text Area, why does my text color always default to a dark gray color? I would rather have it black color all the time. But I don't see any place where one can set the default.

Default Re: Default text color

Quote Originally Posted by Doug9 View Post
    I'm using Designer Pro X10. When I make a new Text Area, why does my text color always default to a dark gray color? I would rather have it black color all the time. But I don't see any place where one can set the default.
    Doug, welcome to TalkGraphics. Assuming this is an existing document, look at Options > General Options : Give new objects most recent attributes. Try un-ticking this.

It is also possible you clicked on the Style menu for 'Update Normal text' to match at some point.

Finally, you may have saved back a file as your default template.

Does it happen for all available templates?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics Doug

Not sure why this is happening but try this. Select the Text Tool, then click the black color on the screen palette.

Switch to the Selector Tool (the arrow pointer).

Now at least for the time you have the application open, your text will be black.

Acorn,
    I think "Give new objects most recent attributes" was what I was looking for.

I had made a default template but it starts out with some text in the gray color, so every time I put a new Text Area it was using that color.

I think that fixed it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug9 View Post
    Acorn,
    I think "Give new objects most recent attributes" was what I was looking for.
    I had made a default template but it starts out with some text in the gray color, so every time I put a new Text Area it was using that color.
    I think that fixed it. Thanks.
    Glad we could help,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat