Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help for cut middle of image, then join up and bottom parts (XDP11)

Hi,

I'm used to cut middle of image, then join up and bottom parts in a very easy way through Snagit.
    I'm trying to perform similar process in XDP11, however I couldn't find a way so far.
    I would appreciate help about the best process to do that in XDP11.
    Please, take a look in my screen-recording, which shows exactly when I am truing to perform: https://goo.gl/vDYhEI

Many thanks,
    Cadu_

Default Re: Help for cut middle of image, then join up and bottom parts (XDP11)

I have version 8, but I think it'll be the same. Make a rectangle to cover the area you don't want, then select the rectangle and the photo and pres Ctrl+2 (to subtract) Once you've done that, select the picture and from the menu "Arrange", select "Break Shapes", you should have the two pictures separated and you can move them individually.

Cadu_, use the Rectangle Tool and draw one above and wider than the width of your image where you wish to separate out the part.

Then Select Tool and select the image and the rectangle.
    Then right-click and Combine Shapes > Slice (cut) Shapes.

You will now have three parts.
    Delete the unwanted one and slide the bottom one to touch the top.
    Group or Soft-Group to keep them together.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks ALL for the replies.
    Now I mastered the technique to remove the unwanted part.
    I would appreciate help regarding a further step.
    As showed in this snapshot (https://goo.gl/lGRZb1), I have the top and bottom parts of the image, and a blank space between them.
    I could drag and drop one of the parts, joining them manually and then grouping.
    Is there any way to align top/bottom automatically, selecting both parts and using, for instance, the "alignment" tool?
    I tried many combinations with the "alignment" tool, but couldn't simply put one part aside/next to the other...
    Many thanks,
    Cadu_

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    Thanks ALL for the replies.
    Now I mastered the technique to remove the unwanted part.
    I would appreciate help regarding a further step.
    As showed in this snapshot (https://goo.gl/lGRZb1), I have the top and bottom parts of the image, and a blank space between them.
    I could drag and drop one of the parts, joining them manually and then grouping.
    Is there any way to align top/bottom automatically, selecting both parts and using, for instance, the "alignment" tool?
    I tried many combinations with the "alignment" tool, but couldn't simply put one part aside/next to the other...
    Many thanks,
    Cadu_
    That won't work. Use Snap to Objects instead.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    That won't work. Use Snap to Objects instead.
    The Snap to Objects worked marvelously. Everything I needed!
    Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cadudesun View Post
    The Snap to Objects worked marvelously. Everything I needed!
    Many thanks.
    Thanks for letting us know.

Personally, I would cut out the picture, guess the font and retype the text on top of a white background.

There are so many approaches so stick with the one you have but occasionally try looking for a few of them.

Acorn