Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Nav Bar popup width problem

I am new to Xara so I may be missing something obvious! I have created a nav bar from a widget in the gallery but the mouse over popup is a different width to the underlying button. How can I access the popup to change its size or is there some other approach I should be considering?
    You can see the effect on my development site at http://ew6yue.xara.hosting

Thanks in anticipation

Default Re: Nav Bar popup width problem

Welcome to TalkGraphics

In the Page and Layer Gallery, click the S icon (isolate) to view and edit just the buttons on that layer. It you edit the Home button the other buttons will reflect the changes. Click the S icon again when you are finished.

Alternatively, you can click the eye icon next to the MouseOver layer to make that layer invisible.

It sounds like one set of buttons might be set to automatically expand or contract to the fit the text and the other does not.

Welcome Alan. Probably the best thing you can do is select your navbar, and copy.

Open a new Xara website page and paste.

Save it, and attach it here.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Or tell us which Navbar you used and let one of us test it and see if we can reproduce the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Welcome Alan. Probably the best thing you can do is select your navbar, and copy.

Open a new Xara website page and paste.

Save it, and attach it here.
    I have attached a copy of the nav bar as egg suggests. I can see from gwpriester's suggestions where the problem may lie as the mouse over is offset but can see no way of changing the mouse over properties that will solve it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

OK, here is what I found.

First. The nav bar is set to Adjust button widths to labels. But the text size is different on the mouse off and mouse over, 12pt on one and 14 on the other. I changed it to 12pt on all.

The text is justified centered on one state and left aligned on the other state.

Normally editing the text on the first two buttons of each state should fix the problem. But for some reason the text on the final buttons needed to be edited as well. I think this is because the first and last buttons are different from the ones in the middle.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK, here is what I found.

First. The nav bar is set to Adjust button widths to labels. But the text size is different on the mouse off and mouse over, 12pt on one and 14 on the other. I changed it to 12pt on all.

The text is justified centered on one state and left aligned on the other state.

Normally editing the text on the first two buttons of each state should fix the problem. But for some reason the text on the final buttons needed to be edited as well. I think this is because the first and last buttons are different from the ones in the middle.

Sorted! I played about with the style of the text and lo and behold it all came good. Guess the learning curve is a bit steeper than I expected. Have at least found out how to access mouse over and mouse off properties. Many thanks for your help.

It took me about 15 minutes to figure this one out. Weird how far wrong things can go sometimes.