Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slider For Mobile Page ...

Been through the sliders available with Xara, and they are all just fine for standard websites, however, for mobile ... not so much.

A VERTICAL rather than horizontal slider where one can slide images in PORTRAIT layout rather than landscape would sure be a nice addition.

I've tried altering several sliders for the mobile version, and I can't get them to cooperate. They always FORCE my images into landscape images.

That wouldn't be a problem on a website for compters ... but for mobile devices, if one wants to look at them in portrait, those sliders are really minuscule and UNUSABLE for mobile devices.

Also, resizing the sliders is an exercise in futility for me. I can resize the sliders, resize the images they are showing to the dimension of the images I want to use, but they still chop them off at the top, ends or both.

I'm sure someone smarter than I am has a solution.

Default Re: Slider For Mobile Page ...

I created a portrait variation of Xara's nivo slider widget of Xara Designer Pro 9 and it still works in V11. Don't remember exactly what I changed back then and the size is quite uncommon...
    Check it out if you like.
    But be warned. I might have messed around with the code, so please don't combine it with other nivo sliders in your projects.

Sorry I can't upload the file, will try again later...
    Last edited by siran; 06 June 2016 at 05:25 AM.

Others seem to have upload problems too. So here is a download link.
    widget_nivoportait.xar

Doesn't work in Xara 10 or XWD365.

Every time I try to alter the Nivo slider, it goes back to landscape mode and the placeholder dimensions is all that changes.

Same with the other sliders.

Dang, I miss WP's slider studio!!!

Very strange, works for me in Designer Pro 10.
    Maybe Acorn's method in the thread Using-Xara-Presentation-Site-for-Highly-Customisable-Content-Slideshows might be a better solution for you.

Well, my customer is willing to settle for the "YOU WILL USE 3:2 FORMAT IMAGE" Nivo slider ... for now.

I've run into another item that is just as confusing ... so I'll have to find a solution for that one.