Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default cursor has changed and height and width disappeared from tool bar

hello again:

I was placing png files on a page and inadvertently dragged one over another which was easy to fix. now the size and position data is missing from the top toolbar area. the cursor has a plus sign beside it and if I select a photo (either new or existing) it displays two arrows from the center up and from the center to the right. obviously I changed something, but I don't have a clue what it was.

any help greatly appreciated!!

thank you in advance!

ed

Default Re: cursor has changed and height and width disappeared from tool bar

What happens if you exit out of Xara and then come back in?

Hi Ed, I'm not 100% certain re your issue. Perhaps a couple of screen-grabs could help. It sounds to me, that as you're getting the two axis handles, you're using the fill tool. However I can't be certain as these fill handles can be toggled on/off within the Selector tool also.

I don't understand the plus sign on your pointer, nor the loss of X & Y co-ords.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I would say you might have switched tools - easy to do if you double click or keystroke at the wrong time - check if you are still in selector tool and not one of the others...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

hello egg and gwpriester:

thank you so much for your replies. I even went and did a power down/ power up on the computer with no avail. egg's comment triggered what should have been obvious to me. I simply had to click on the select tool and all is well. I only get to use the program infrequently so I don't stay as current as I would like to.

thank you again!

have a great day (I am now!!)

ed

everyone does this when they are new - I'm guessing you were in the fill or photo tool maybe
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks for the update.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host