Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

You can select individual objects within a group by using the CNTRL key. Does anyone know how to select multiple objects within a group?

Doug-O
    IP

You can select individual objects within a group by using the CNTRL key. Does anyone know how to select multiple objects within a group?

Doug-O
    IP

it is impossible what you want (I think)
    multiple object select - only when they are group within a group
    what for you need this ?
    IP

To select multiple objects on the page (assuming you have ungrouped a vector file), just open the Object Manager docker under Layout on the menu bar. Click on each object in the list you wish to select while holding down the CTRL key.

This is especially effective when each object is named logically [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    IP

Draw can not. There is no way to do it.
    IP

This is a wish list for Corel 11

In illustrator you have a sub selector where you can select multi objects within a group

If you creat a 2 group then blend them, and later you decided that you want to change ( color, outline, or the shape) of an object within a group by pressing CTL key, it is only allows you to select the whole group not objects within that group,

You have to break the blend then CTL to select it within the group, modify it, Then Blend them again [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

As i said Illustrator does it and XaraX does it also

I hope Corel works on it
    IP

Weeeeell, yes strictly speaking what people have said is true.

However I have this problem with the words Impossible or Can't in the same sentence as CorelDRAW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Checkout the attached script I just knocked up, works in Draw 9 and Draw 10 (if you change the number in the WithObject line to 10)

It is very crude but, if you run it up, select an object group and click ungroup, you can make changes to the objects whilst unselected and then press regroup to join them all back up again.

As I said it was quickly written and has limitations.

Hope it is of some use.

Peter

Update: Just checked Alex Vakulenko's Site and it appears the script might also work in Draw 8 as he lists the script commands necessary as present.

The style challenged Pete'sCrypt

[This message was edited by Peter Clifton on March 27, 2002 at 13:32.]

[This message was edited by Peter Clifton on March 27, 2002 at 13:34.]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP