Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Movin On

Default Re: Movin On

I still use Incomedia to change that and then upload my new Xara site 'over it' because the Incomedia info remains.

What information remains?

If you google my old website (please don't judge, not only is it bad but its got a repeated and incomplete sentence right at the start...) then when you type 'historic edinburgh tours' into google the page comes up with a description under it. This description was written on incomedia and then i uploaded that website, then uploaded the one you'll see which was made on Xara.
    PS I'm not a web designer so I'm more than likely to have missed something but I did post about this ages ago = http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ht=#post519699

Historic Edinburgh Tours - Explore the history of the Old Town and ...
    www.historicedinburghtours.co.uk/
    Historic Edinburgh Tours are a local company which offers informative, quality guided tours of Edinburgh's historic Old Town and Greyfriars Kirkyard. We are ...

Google is simply displaying the "description" meta content. I don't think your incomedia manouvre is required.

[QUOTE][Cloud, #3 are programs for creating templates/websites from scratch for WordPress, Joomla and others. They're commonly called a CMS.QUOTE]

Wow I never knew that. Learn something new every day.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Donald, you should know that Cloud runs a design agency and is very familiar with these technologies.

I think that many of us, Cloud included, know these technologies, or at least know of the mainstream technologies, so Cloud is well aware of what a CMS is. I'm sure his team are too.

If you ever want some ideas of good design, you could do no better than checkout Cloud's posts and some of the links he's provided.

Paul

(I should have not gone past my 1st post. )

(Gary, I was talking about removing the other programs from my second post as a courtesy for Xara. )

As we have made it this far I will say there are growing complaints (with the other programs) about running out of memory or slowing way down. The others are only 32 bit programs and may be accessing the hard drive/running out of memory due to having a large site or one with a lot of content. And, of course this can be taken care of by splitting your site up into sub-domains as discussed here over the years.

The 64 bit option is nice and like I said, I may upgrade to 365 in support of as many programs have joined the Titanic. It's a good program, it just does not do what I want at this time, as discussed in other posts by others besides this one.

Back to Work - Donald

Quotes: "Donald, you should know that Cloud runs a design agency and is very familiar with these technologies."

Paul, I am aware, been coming here for years, didn't purchase WD until the responsive version.

He may have missed this in my second post: "3rd: TemplateToaster / Themler (Not purchased either, CMS templates from scratch or code based sites)"

Part of his response: "Also you don't mention wordpress either, which combined with the latest page builder plugins gives very near drag and drop features."

So, was he being coy, testing, being kind or really didn't know? When he posted: "Wow I never knew that. Learn something new every day."

Sorry, I don't know what programs other people use along with Xara, and we are on a very specific forum.

Cloud, no I'm not a website designer. I'm a 3D CAD designer using Solid-Works and Pro-E for the last 20 years. I completed computer/electronics repair school in 1974. I love computers, hardware and software because what you can do with them. I also think Xara WD and others are very low cost considering what they do.

One of my hobbies is web design software and has been for about 10 years . Had FrontPage 2000-2, Exp.-Web and Site-Spinner before that. Yes, I do have a couple of sites to update and make responsive, or if I win the lotto I can farm those out.

So I spend a lot of time doing research, checking forums, reading reviews, reading user guides, looking at tutorials, downloading trial versions and purchasing some programs. Crazy, but much less than some other hobbies. (My mother in-law keep asking, "what the hell is he doing down there?" Have an office in the basement.)

So, with knowing all that, I can purchase a cup of "Joe" out the machine at work for $.75, or go to Steak & Shake and have a complete meal for 4 bucks. I feel better now, I'm a lucky man.

Donald

Donald, you're making heavy weather of this.

Don't take this stuff too seriously.

Cloud was probably amused that you'd take the time to explain about a CMS when it's something he encounters in his business every day.

The design of websites is pretty universal and you're right this site is mostly aimed at Xara software and Xara is kind enough to facilitate it.

Let's move on. Nobody was being unkind.

Paul

(I should have not gone past my 1st post. )
    But I'm pleased you no longer seem to be Movin-On Donald. Stick around and ask questions re the software
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Paul, I said being kind, not unkind. (Starting to feel some flat spots on my tapered roller bearing, time for a rebuild.)

No problem Paul and Egg. (My last couple lines was an attempt at humor.) And no one is pulling any wool off of my sheep. I may have one more post in the general chat forum. Besides, I'll be crawling back in the hole I came out of and I'm sure someone will be willing to kick the stone back over. Then it takes a while for me to push it out of the way. Got to start on those websites someday also. Maybe this 4th of July holiday, I have 5 days off. (Yea, right)

Really, let's move on, someone lock or close this thread.

"Movin' On", a TV show that ran from May of 1974 to March of 1976. Two dudes driving a big Kenworth named Sonny and Will.