Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movin On

Post Movin On

In todays world I don't like to limit myself to only one program for web design. I may only be using one but will have purchased another one or two as backup. I have Web Designer 10-11 premium. I am sorry to say that WD has moved out to my top three choices. With no built in forms, no master page and no site/page tree or visual manager I cannot do the upgrade to 365. Pros are the 64 bit OS, supersite option and the great forum. But it's not enough. May be back someday, as things can change. For now, kind regards to all. Donald

Default Re: Movin On

So what are the top three that you have bought?

It's not about criticising your choices, just curiosity about what you would consider as a better alternative.

1st: Website X5 Evo 12 / Pro 12 (Incomedia)

2nd: WYSIWYG Web Builder 11 / Quick 'n Easy Web Builder 3, Cross Platform Mac, Win and Linux (Pablo Software Solutions)

3rd: TemplateToaster / Themler (Not purchased either, CMS templates from scratch or code based sites)

4th: Xara Web Designer / Antenna Web Design Studio V6 (16 Day Trial)

I still may purchase Web Designer 365 in support of, as many have joined the Titanic or are dead in the water.

EG: FrontPage, Exp-Web, SiteSpinner, Serif WebPlus, Net Objects Fusion, Dynamic Html Editor, Artisteer and XSitePro.

~ Life is Good, Regards Donald
    Last edited by gwpriester; 15 June 2016 at 03:34 PM. Reason: member requested edit

Good luck Donald.

Thanks Donald. Most of that list I've never heard of!

Paul

Donald, may I ask if you are using the software for professional reasons; for clients or more as a hobby. If you are (as it seems from your op) then why not adobe muse, yes it's $16 per month but if you're a professional designer then that seems a very small amount to invest in a business. Also you don't mention wordpress either, which combined with the latest page builder plugins gives very near drag and drop features.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Good luck don. There are many great programs out there. I dont think ive heard of any of the ones you mention!

Incomedia's X5 was a joke the last time I purchased it.

If they haven't improved IMMENSELY, waste of money.

Also, hope you like plenty of SPAM with your web builder ...

My opinion after trying to make a go of it using their product. Not impressed at all, with any of their offerings.

Cloud, #3 are programs for creating templates/websites from scratch for WordPress, Joomla and others. They're commonly called a CMS.

Thanks Gary
    You're welcome Paul
    Thanks Phil

~ Life is Good, Regards Donald
    Last edited by gwpriester; 15 June 2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: edited per member request

Hey good luck with your new software.
    Just to throw in that I came here after using Incomedia for years. There are some really great features on it that I really wish Xara had (or which it does and I've missed)...
    These are -
    1/ Password protected pages are MUCH easier in Incomedia - tick a box, job done
    2/ There's a a much better built in form editor
    3/ I can change my website description (the one that appears under my web page listing in Google) on incomedia and not so well on here. I know I can change some descriptions but I still use Incomedia to change that and then upload my new Xara site 'over it' because the Incomedia info remains.
    All the best!