Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara-Users Shuts Down

csehz - The responsibility for managing and providing content for the Xara Xone has been taken over by Magix, Xara's parent company.

Many of us were not very happy about this. Gary Bouton was doing a very excellent job. But Magix thinks they can do a better job.

Sledger is by a very long chalk the most prolific poster on TG, outstripping both Gary P and Bill Taylor (aka Soquili). It is not just the quantity of Steve's posts, but the quality of his advice, which is always first class. His input within this forum has been second to none. Further to this, due to undue interference by Xara/Magix, he has set-up, run & posted many more posts on XU, a forum he set up himself.

Eventually he has withdrawn from posting on TG all together over the recent year (?), again due to internal TG politics, which is TG's very sad loss.

I miss his very precise input to our forum. It's very much Xara's and TG's loss.

I wish Steve the best for the future, ask him to reconsider posting to TG, as his input is much missed.

Finally "Thanks Sledger" for your fantastic help re Xara over all these years

Egg
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 22 May 2016 at 09:53 PM.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post

TG's loss.

I wish Steve the best for the future, ask him to reconsider posting to TG, as his input is much missed.

Finally "Thanks Sledger" for your fantastic help re Xara over all these years

Egg
    Me Too Egg
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

My best wishes to Steve wherever his life path may lead from here. Steve and all of the XU members are always welcome to post and share their ideas here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Steve was head moderator for TalkGraphics for many years before he left to start Xara-Users.info.
    he joined TG April 2007; he took over from Risto in October 2008, and he started XU in June 2010...

Steve could be overly judgemental
    that he could ...

...but he sure achieved a phenominal level of quality help over the best part of ten years

And just maybe a change of direction will be beneficial even if it does not seem so at the time - I wish him all the best in whatever it is he undertakes

The loss of resource is indeed sad but that said, at the end of the day there never really was the traffic to justify two forums...

[maybe if the facebook thing takes off there will be some continuity]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    due to undue interference by Xara/Magix..
    you know Egg I never bought that rationale and I still don't, magixara pay for this forum, they are therefore entitled

steve set up XU deliberately so that he could be in charge there, as magixara are here, and lay down the rules himself - no other reason - he could have stayed at TG but that was not his way, not that sort of team player... he prefered to go for the 'utopia' option which unfortunately has not worked out, but he gave it his best shot and I admire him for that

again due to internal TG politics
    and that's a personal choice again not to put up with the scene, you can't lay the 'blame' anywhere else [not that there is blame, because it is a perfectly acceptable thing to do, no one is forcing anyone to take part in anything]

I miss his very precise input to our forum. It's very much Xara's and TG's loss.
    that is for sure, but he seems to be wanting to move on... sometimes that is necessary
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi HD, I've no desire to go further re your points but I was involved at the time and party to far more information, re both disputes, than members had access to. I've no wish to drag up the past, so I'll leave it there and not comment further on this issue.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Please, let's keep this focused on XU.

.... so I'll leave it there and not comment further on this issue.
    I've all ready stated that Gary.
    Egg

I was focusing on XU - I was saying that it was founded on the princinple of 'if you want a job done your way and without 'sponser' pressure you have to pay for it yourself' and I am really sorry that did not work out for those who wanted that sort of potentially expensive sel-reliance and independance

And maybe you forget Egg that I was there too - not as a moderator then but later, and I talk to people, they talk to me... you have no idea what I do or do not know...

However point having been made I too am happy to move on...
    Nothing lasts forever...