Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Right click on Wacom Tablet pen working erratically

I Have designer pro x11 and I don't know if somehow I changed something in my program but when I try to right click on an object or anywhere else on the screen then I don't get a drop down window or have a duplicate image. Is there someway to reset the way my program views the pen? As a matter of interest, my regular mouse works fine on right click. Funny!

Default Re: Right click on Wacom Tablet pen working erratically

I'm not sure on this one - which tablet is it and do you have wacom drivers installed?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I have the Wacom Intuos 3 tablet which they no longer manufacture and I also am having some real issues currently. I tried reinstalling to no avail and now when I go to the programs and features function and highlight the tablet and click on uninstall nothing happens. I've tried running my malware program but it hasn't found anything. I'm probably going to have someone whose qualified to wipe the computer clean and then I can start over again. What a mess.

have you downloaded the latest drivers from Wacom?
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

like christine said you need the latest drivers for intuos 3 which according to wacom were released 01/07/2015:
    http://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/p...983B123F962F8E
    download and install these

installing them should not make the situation worse, and might well fix it

it is also possible that the pen is faulty if you are getting no response from the button[s] no matter what the setting or program in use....
    Nothing lasts forever...

Wacom recommends that you uninstall older drivers but I've gone to the programs and features section and clicked on the tablet and then chose uninstall to no effect. I don't get a message or anything it just doesn't do anything. I'm probably going to have to take it to a computer shop and have them wipe the system and then I can start anew but it is a real bugaboo! C' est la vie.

that might mean they are not actually there to uninstall...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Manny, I still have a similar problem even with latest drivers. I'm sure it's an incompatibility between Wacom and Windows 10. I fully understand your frustration.

With the workaround (see link to my previous post below) i've learnt to live with it to certain extent, but it would be interesting to hear what Wacom have to say. Have you tried contacting them or posting something on their forum?

My response to your previous post on this subject:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...894#post552894

i'm actually going to attempt a Windows 'Refresh' in the next day or so, because of a completely different problem (all the built in apps have inexplicably stopped working after the last Windows update). I'll let you know if there is any improvement after doing that.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

well it's true that wacom do not claim the drivers have support in windows 10.. and if the intuos in question is no longer made, that may never happen

@ Manny if you are running windows 10 then I assume from what you are saying that you are un-installing via settings\system\apps and features ?

if you haven't done so, it would be worth right clicking on the start button, clicking control panel and then the link to uninstall a program bottom left under the Programs catagory - if wacom is not listed there it confirms the drivers are not present, if they are you may have better luck un-installing that way
    Nothing lasts forever...

I actually replace my original pen with a brand new grip pen which I was very lucky to get since they have stopped making the intuos tablets as well as supplying pen nibs. I am not well versed with tablets and I bought this one to prevent carpal tunnel syndrome and it seems to be working it well. I have discussed my issues with Wacom and frankly I've walked away more confused than when I started. I tried to explain that I'm not a graphic artist or anything like that. The only reason that I wanted the particular tablet was that it worked like a standard mouse. I could move files, open files, drag, select, etc., etc, etc. I would try another product but I'm not knowledgeable about them so don't know what to shop for. I mean the pen is still usable but sometimes the little flaws add up, if you know what I mean. At any rate I will probably take my computer to a local guy who built the computer for me and have him wipe it clean so that I can start from scratch. That way I will hopefully get rid of any malware that's hiding. I really appreciate that you responded to me and gave me a shoulder to cry on LOL. Thanks again.

Manny