Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Design Gallery ?

I see on a demo video making a website using a template with a mobile varient in this video

http://www.xara.com/uk/web-designer/.../#video_player

I know this is going to be a stupid question but give me chance as I have just come from Serif WebPlus

But in the demo it looks like this with a Design Gallery and sites with an R next to them to say they are responsive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-capture.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	112724

But my program looks like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara-capture2.PNG 
Views:	121 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	112725

and if I click on"More Online" a box opens with more tamplates but I still see no "R" next to any - what am I missing ? - where is the design gallery as I have "Local Designs Gallery" is that the same ?

Default Re: Design Gallery ?

Hi John, when you open a template website from the Online content catalog you will see a box pop up telling you it is a responsive web site ( a main and a mobile site). In version 11 of Xara web designer there was an R but in the 365 version they seem to have removed the R's.

Ciao

Roly

Quote Originally Posted by roly View Post
    Hi John, when you open a template website from the Online content catalog you will see a box pop up telling you it is a responsive web site ( a main and a mobile site). In version 11 of Xara web designer there was an R but in the 365 version they seem to have removed the R's.

Ciao

Roly
    OK thanks..... so you have no idea which is responsive until you open it. Seems daft to remove the R's

Not sure but maybe all of those are responsive sites.

Open one page, and you will see immediately if two tabs open that the template has a mobile variant.

I can't tell easily which website designs are responsive.

Here is the list for v.11: catindex.txt

It would be nice to believe that Xara are working through all the templates making each responsive.

If not, they should allow Xara users to create a responsive variant, following developer guidelines, so Xara could update them all in a community spirit.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you....