Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is Xara?

Default Re: Where is Xara?

@Paul, works fine here. It is a tad slow, but as it is a temp site, it isn't too unexpected.

@Starmo, I don't know what the Xara response is/was to your support ticket. And I assume you responded with basically a "Thanks, but still not working."

Whenever I have read posts about these types of issues (here on T&G and on Serif's forum), it has usually been associated with some parameter for the site in the ftp details, or an incompatibility in what the application wants to do as regards its connection type or how the server is configured for the connection type.

FileZilla is also recommended as a last resrt on Serif's forums. I have read too many posts on the present and former Serif forums where neither Serif support nor peer support could ever get WP to connect.

As a matter of course, I always export locally, check it in a variety of browsers, then upload with FZ. Now, I admit that's my own working method/preference. And in general these applications ought to work with their own built-in FTP.

As a general point. While I have had few needs to contact Xara support (I don't use the web capabilities), they have often been relatively slow to respond.

I presume you have done a right click and run as administrator after you reinstalled the program.

Can you try copying each page one at a time and publishing, i.e. 1 page then 2 pages etc. just in case it is a particular page causing the issue.

Also are you clearing the site before you try to publish?

Could you allow someone else from here on TG try the upload?
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Christine, yes I have tried running as administrator after reinstalling the program. And yes I am clearing the site.

I repeat again, it is not a problem with one website, the problem is there whichever website I choose to load onto it, including the Xara template as stated in my earlier post.
    Anybody else attempting to load from their machine would most likely have no problem.

There are only two factors at play here, the program itself or my PC

Starmo, go through your Xara FTP settings with a fine toothcomb and compare them exactly with the settings on FileZilla.

I can sense your frustration in your posts. Don't take it out on the people trying to help you.
    Last edited by pauland; 22 May 2016 at 04:17 PM.

How about supplying us with your .web file, even a simple one which is giving you this error & we can try uploading it to our server and see if it still gives the same error?

By the way, if I click on your gallery button my McAffee gives this warning:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blueflare.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	112735  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Firstly, sorry if I appear frustrated in my posts, you know what is like when you are busy. I try to respond to posts promptly, maybe I should only reply when I really have the time.
    I really do appreciate all the help you guys are giving me, where would we all be without these forums.

The latest update is the program is now throwing up the error "Ïnternal Program Error 1525 k.sy.up" every few seconds, so I cannot access anything. This of course is not helping my mood.
    Welcome any suggestion you guys have, but would be nice to get something from support.

In the meantime, thank goodness for Muse!