Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is Xara?

Default Where is Xara?

Hi,

Xara Staff are you listening....

Ok, can someone give me an answer before I disappear. I have been with Xara for about 2 wks, for a week now I have had a technical problem, I contacted support and they asked me to send them my files via FTP, which I did.
    Since then despite follow up emails from me, nothing, zilch.
    They are getting my emails because I get the notification emails back.

No support with a program that I cannot use (Keep getting ftp timeout error)
    I even sent another email to sales to see if anyone could help, again notification and nothing more.

So if anyone on here has the ear of Xara, maybe you could just mention there's a very confused customer here about to depart if nothing happens...

Default Re: Where is Xara?

Hi Starmo,

Just seen this post, if you give me your ticket number, I can pass it on and hopefully speed up the response.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for responding, here are the 2 tickets that have gone nowhere #ZYZ-627-47009 #KOW-959-86779, I sure you agree support like this is not going to keep customers...

I think they are under heavy load. In the past my tickets have usually been answered within about two days. The last one took a month and a day.

Starmo, they are probably a bit swamped as there are new releases that are probably keeping them pretty occupied as people get to grips with the changes in each release.

Xara therefore need to identify where it is letting its customers down and sort it. Xara has chosen a marketing route (or has had one imposed) that is supported to spread revenue over the year, yet it has still fragmented its market with too many products.
    Xara has to aim for 80% and higher resolution at first line in less time than it takes me to write all this. That service needs to be 24/7 as the World rums like that.

Xara has to start writing up assured Quality of Service statements to see where the choke points are.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Ben, I finally got some support for my problem today! The bad news is my problem is still not solved, after trying a few of supports suggestions, I was left with a work around, basically publish my site with Filezilla....
    No further help has come from support.
    Ok, I dont want to appear ungrateful for some support, but is this really what we should expect from a company like Xara. It seems with the new product launch support have been overwhelmed, so I ask this, did Xara not expect more support tickets??
    Why was more staff not engaged? As Acorn says, the minimum level of support theses days is 24/7. I and others rely on software for our living, if I have to keep switching to other programs because I cannot get support, I will not be here long.

I have quite a lot of software. Very little of it has 24/7 support because the companies do not have the resources to provide that.

It can be comforting to give Xara a kick now and again, but part of the reason for the existence of TG is to help the community support itself wherever it can rather than just rely on official support channels. It's an informal support channel.

If I were to compare the support from a user forum like TG to the 24/7 support that big companies provide, I'd go for TG wherever possible.

Xara isn't perfect, neither is the software, but you can do a lot worse.

Starmo. Your workaround to use Filezilla is what many users do in any event.

Have you shared your issue on TG?

Paul

Paul, you are right of course, maybe because I am a new Xara user I am expecting too much, but I need software I can rely on for my work, I do not have the time to have loads of workarounds for software that at the end of the day is not working correctly.
    You get what you pay for of course, I also use Adobe Muse, 24/7 support but at £180 pa I would expect it. So why use Xara you say, well Muse is over complicated for my needs, Xara COULD provide just what I need.
    But transferring from one program to another to publish is not exactly good workflow!

Not sure what you mean about sharing my issue with TG, I am posting on the forum, what else can I do?

Also, slightly off topic, is it possible to get email notification when someone replies here, I don't seem to have it?

Looking at your posts I don't think you have explained what your problem is. I deduce it is something to do with ftp as you mention FileZilla. You do not mention who your hosting company is, which country you are in or which Xara software you are using.

subscribing to the thread is under the thread tools at the top of this page.
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365