Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Previewing Pages

When trying to preview a page i am currently working on, the desktop page appears all ok but the content on the mobile pages is blank in preview ? Does anyone have any suggestions why this may be the case ? Thank you

Default Re: Previewing Pages

Are you making the browser narrower to force the switch to the mobile variant? (I imagine you are)

So, are there scroll bars on the bottom of the browser? I have found that if you have objects on the pasteboard area of a mobile variant it can cause the content to be off center or require scrolling.

Hi , there are scroll bars and the page is still blank ? Have even tried previewing in other browsers and still not previewing . This is affecting one page only not all pages . I have added a faq dropdown text area to the desktop page would this be causing a problem ? Have attached a copy of source code if this helps. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Bindi; 20 May 2016 at 01:06 AM.

My first guess would be that in the placeholder at the bottom of the code before the
    Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    #accordion {
    a closing
    Code:
    </div>
    is missing.
    Another problem might be that you include two versions of JQuery.

Thank you Siran , adding the closing code </div> has solved the problem. I found this code on an online tutorial , as i couldn't code if my life depended on it ...not that i'm know much about jquery either, but would having two versions pose a problem ?

Two versions might cause strange behavior. At least I think to have read about such.
    If it was me I would try to avoid that situation.
    You could remove the line
    Code:
    <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    from your page or site header and instead of that add the name UsesJQuery to your placeholder and hope that accordion thing works with the version delivered by Xara.

Hi siran , can you help with the full line of code i am to replace it with ? Many thanks

Don't replace but remove it.
    To ensure Xara includes JQuery (which it already does in your case) you can add the given name to your placeholder. (Just in case you copy the placeholder to another project for which Xara doesn't already include JQuery.)

Thank you Siran , will give it a go tomorrow and let you know how I go. Thanks again

Hi Siran ,

If i remove the line of code suggested the dropdown expandable text area then does not work ..leaving an open text uncollapsable text area ? Bindi