Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Noob .. Help Please

I just got my shot at an IT position and tasked with building a company website right out of the gate. only thing left to do is create an interactive map of the western USA. I have the JPG file I wish to use ... however I did not see anything in the forum that would direct me to an answer. I want to add 6 locations to the map and when you mouse over the pic of the location pops up. Is this possible with Xara WDP ?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	USA_Region_West_landcover_location_map.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	112707  

Default Re: Noob .. Help Please

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Yes this is possible. I am moving this thread to the Web Design Forum then I will answer your question.

OK. Create a separate layer in the Page & Layout Gallery for each section of the map and name each layer accordingly.

Create your buttons, graphics or whatever you want to use to link to the layers.

Select the button and click on the Link icon on the Infobar and select the layer from the Pop-up Layer drop down list.

Alternately if you have version 11 or 365 you can right click on the trigger object, select Web Animation, and go to Mouse Over > Show Pop-up Layer. This creates an instant effect that goes away as soon as the visitor mouses off the layer.

Layers are transparent and so you may need to place a rectangle under the content to block out what is beneath the layer.

Here is an example of how this can work. Mouse over the thumbnail images and a larger image appears http://gwpriester.com/Logo-Design.html

To achieve the transition from black and white to color, I placed the colored thumbnail in the same position on the pop up layer.

Let us know if you need more specific instructions.

Look at the attached sample map. I created a red dot for San Francisco; I created a new layer in the Page & Layer Gallery (named it 'San Francisco') and with this layer selected, typed with the Text Tool 'San Francisco' next to the red dot. Next, I selected the red dot and opened Utilities/Web Animation and on the Mouse-over tab selected 'San Francisco' in the drop-down menu under 'Show pop-up layer'.

Added: Gary shoots faster than his own shadow!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you that looks like it worked ... GREATLY APPRICIATED