Thanks Paul, real advice from a pro. I totally agree with everything you say! Less is more, I keep telling myself, but I like to 'play', my bad. I will genuinely look to taking your advice in my next project.
With this specific bar/pub, there are three bars in one place, same owner, same punters, just different atmospheres. So when you walk into Bazil's building, you have three doors to choose, literally like that, left, right and center. So I was trying to convey that, maybe just too jumbled as you say. I will be disabling a lot of the animations now I have finished playing with them. And I will be decreasing text amount and putting it on a more solid background. I will be looking more at the large graphics with parallax scrolling as you sent as example, less text more large graphics.
I am a big fan of everything that Cloud does, his websites are the very best on here, but he does not use Xara for those. But the design and layout will always be a great resource on how a site should look.
With the Specials food menu, I will look at finding a way to tidy it up, maybe embedding a whole page from blogger within an iframe that will look like a notice board, with more than just the daily menu, so it looks like a complete page.
Many thanks for the feedback, it is great when someone in the same field takes time to help others.