Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Layer will not close (dispayed via web animation function)

Hello,

I have a newsletter subscription form on a layer (in a placeholder and ccs styled). This layer is possible of course to shown via button, link or even like sample here http://xara-users.info/demos/auto-po...load/index.htm with "onload".

My problem is now, that I did want show this layer (eg. the form) "automatic" on reaching the buttom of page via function "web animation" of XD11Pro on a specific point of page (anchor, name) in footer.
    So long all works well... it is displayed. BUT the layer is not possible to close via link/button with usual methode with "popup:close" in a link. :-(

What can I do? Or is the problem the web animation function?

Thanks for any help.

TomTom66

Default Re: Layer will not close (dispayed via web animation function)

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but...

In the Page & Layer Gallery, right click on the pop up layer title and select Layer Properties > Pop-up Setting and remove the check mark for [ ] Close Pop-up Automatically.

OK I just tried this and it works. I created a button and linked it via Web Animation to the pop-up layer.

The layer opens automatically with the (X) in the top right corner and stays open until the visitor clicks the X.

PS You cannot have any specific animation effects to the button/trigger object.

Hello, Gary,

thanks so far, this I did already try without success. I have made a simple demo and attached. May bee you can take a look. Scroll in web preview down to "footer" were is the "trigger" (my trigger") and wait for some seconds. Layer will slide from buttom in. You will see it is not closeable. If you hoover the closing button you will see (unlike normal!) that there is in browser status bar "javascript:;" but no enty like "normal" for example javascript:xr_ppc(´xr_xp4);

Thanks

TomTom66

newsletter-layer.xar

P.S.: There is no option for my account to send PMs - is this possible to activate?

Remove the script pop-up close. But leave the Close Pop-up Layer Automatically unchecked. The two are fighting with one another.

Also, and this is just personal, but make the pop-up appear instantly or very quickly after the visitor mouses over the link.