Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Navigation buttons not working in Firefox

I have been to the site and the problem with the navigation is completely gone. When attending to another matter wherein a website was redirecting me to other places, I had to do some virus/malware research. Turns out it was a virus on the host and not a problem at my end. I did learn something else about FF during my 3 or 4 hours wasted trying to sort out whether I had virus/malware.

I have several plugins installed and always update upon notification. I have noticed link and PDF problems for awhile. FF has a clean-myself-up function. From the menu HELP-TROUBLESHOOTING INFORMATION takes you to a utilities page that is presumably reading FF installation and telemetry data from your local installation. There is a give-FF-a-tune-up function. I have used this out of my virus/malware frustration. All is working again. No link problems and no stupid opening pdf in new tab BS. The internal PDF reader pops up, just like I remember it did in the past.

As I said I do have a few plugins and things were not right with FF. This has fixed my problems. Some may like to take a look. READ first what it does to your installation, configuration and data before giving it a go.

Cheers

and no stupid opening pdf in new tab BS

FFox is my main browser - it nearly always opens website PDF's in a new tab, because that is the way I have set it in advanced options...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

ngbris72 - The problem is gone because my client turned off the Sticky attribute.

I have a navigation bar problem too, totally misbehaving in Google Chrome. As you select different buttons on pages one disappear and other/s jump out of order...
    Have tried recreating anew and uploading complete again to no avail. Tests fine in Google web preview and live Microsoft Edge though very slow.

Quote Originally Posted by NJvR View Post
    I have a navigation bar problem too, totally misbehaving in Google Chrome. As you select different buttons on pages one disappear and other/s jump out of order...
    Have tried recreating anew and uploading complete again to no avail. Tests fine in Google web preview and live Microsoft Edge though very slow.
    Welcome to TalkGraphics.
    You'll either have to point us to a website or upload your design file using the Go Advanced button in your reply to add the attachment.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Welcome to TalkGraphics NJvR

Please start a new topic for this question.