Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Linking 2 Navbars

Hi,

I have a two identical navbars at the top and bottom of each page. (What I did was copy the top one originally) What I would like to happen is when I edit the top navbar and save it I would like the bottom navbar to update also. Is there a way to link these two (identical) navbars to together?

Thanks

Default Re: Linking 2 Navbars

I don't think so.

I tried making a duplicate bar and then modifying the first and it did not work on the second. I tried Live Copy and this did not work either.

So, if your second nav bar is set to repeat on all pages, then you need to make the same edits to the duplicate bar. There might be a way to do this that I am missing, but none that comes to mind for me.

If they are absolutely identical, then I would probably do the following:

- Delete navbar B
    - Make my changes to navbar A
    - Copy/Paste navbar A into navbar B's position

It's not automatic, but making the changes in one place is probably the safer idea, IMO

HTH

Jack

Jack's approach is the sanest for a strange request.

Do your NavBars have submenus?
    If so, your submenus will fall off the bottom of the page and Xara will have calculated the excess drop needed and add more Pasteboard to compensate.
    This would probably upset the aesthetic of your design.

If your navigation does not use submenus then you can create a line of buttons instead and repeat on all pages.

You cannot combine a Live Copy with a Repeat on all pages as, I believe, Xara has excluded this to avoid a coding clash as the techniques being used are the same.

for interest, Xara's button designs are invariably grouped objects so the text, while editable in Xara, ends up as a graphic part of the button. I prefer using CSS3 or my own soft-group designs for buttons and CSS3 NavBars as they are cleaner.

Do come back with how you solved your design.

All the best,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Jack, that will work. Although not automatic, it will be easy.

Thanks Again

Quote Originally Posted by RistonRants View Post
    If they are absolutely identical, then I would probably do the following:

- Delete navbar B
    - Make my changes to navbar A
    - Copy/Paste navbar A into navbar B's position

It's not automatic, but making the changes in one place is probably the safer idea, IMO

HTH

Jack