Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: .eps problems

Hi, I am trying to send a PS .eps file (since they accept that file format) to Kinkos to have it printed, but every time I upload it I get a message that blank.eps file is not the correct file format. I also have the same problem when I email an .eps image from my Mac to a PC. Did any one else ever run across this? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]
    IP

I have no idea what Kinko's is, but did you try a PDF? Less trouble than eps anyhow...

What specs did you fill in in the EPS Option dialog box?

Preview: Tiff 8bits/pixel gives a 256 color preview, 1 bit/pixel only b&w

Use Binary(Hufmann) encoding for Illustrator, QuarkXPress, and only ASCII if necessary for a word processor etc.
    Still, this ASCII is useful to transfer from Mac to PC. The Mac header may be in the file and this can cause probs. Open the eps in a word processor and delete everything before %!PS.
    Using JPG encoding can , but only with level2 printers.

If you're shure of your knowledge on the subject, you can include your halftone screen info. If not: uncheck. The same goes for Transfer function.

Postscript color Management only works with level2 printers

Include vector data if vector data is on your image

Hope this helps...

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP

I tried saving it as a .pdf, but when I viewed it on a PC the font was different? Anyone know why?
    IP

Fonts are always a problem between Mac and PC. Not only do they have different names, but if you use a Mac font and it isn't there on PC, you're in trouble. Mostly it happens vice-versa.
    You should save your font as curves/vector data.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.
    IP