Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default This sent shivers down my spine..

These are brave, but crazy people, who don't leave their friends behind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36097300

Default Re: This sent shivers down my spine..

Thanks Paul for sharing that, a quite moving tale full of bravery.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I found it a pretty tense read. They are very brave men.

I did a free dive (no equipment) into a submerged lava tube on the northside of Kaua'i, Hawaii about 10 years ago to visit the "Blue Room" a cave in that labrynth that lights up when reflected sunlight from the outside lights up this chamber giving it a blue glow inside. Though I found the experience invigorating, I later decided it was a very stupid thing to do, as I later discovered one of the Cousteau sons dove and died in that lava tube system years earlier. I had a local Hawaiian swimmer guide me through to the Blue Room. I am not a diver at all, nor a spelunker, it was just a whim at the time on my Birthday. I don't think I'd do it again, though.

I live on Kauai and have been in the Blue Room a number of times. Although it is fed by fresh water from the mountain, the water level does change. I've only gone in when the entrance is slightly above water so I can keep my head above water. Under the surface is a small tube that leads to another chamber; that's where people drown--I've never gone in there. For those who have never been there, imagine being in a turquoise-colored swimming pool on a dark night with the pool's underwater lights brightly shining. It's magical, especially because the water only glows when you turn around and face the entrance.