Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop-up Slide Show with dimmed page background

Hi GWpriester.
    You maybe the person to help.
    I'm using Xara premium 12 and on the index page I have an image that when clicked will open a pop up slide show that dims the index page. I've tried everything I can think of including putting the pop up on a layer, but I can't dim the index page background and if you click the slide show forward or rewind buttons it closes the layer and slide show pop up and goes back to the index page.

Any ideas please!!!!

Default Re: Help Required pease

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrenshaw View Post
    Hi GWpriester.
    You maybe the person to help.
    I'm using Xara premium 12 and on the index page I have an image that when clicked will open a pop up slide show that dims the index page. I've tried everything I can think of including putting the pop up on a layer, but I can't dim the index page background and if you click the slide show forward or rewind buttons it closes the layer and slide show pop up and goes back to the index page.

Any ideas please!!!!
    Web Properties > Image > Option button, under Pop-up Options, tick Dim page while pop-up is open.

If there is only one image, it will close if you click the gallery browser controls.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Pop-up Slide Show with dimmed page background

I am starting this and moving two comments from another post.

Default Re: Pop-up Slide Show with dimmed page background

Thanks Acorn. I know this, my problem is to open a slide show from clicking a static image, and the slide show pops up as a pop up and dims the page behind, the only way I can hide the pop up slide show is on a layer which when it pops up doesn't dim the page behind????

Thanks Mike

On the layer, draw out a black rectangle the size of the page, put it to the back [ctrl B] then change the transparency to suit
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by michaelrenshaw View Post
    Thanks Acorn. I know this, my problem is to open a slide show from clicking a static image, and the slide show pops up as a pop up and dims the page behind, the only way I can hide the pop up slide show is on a layer which when it pops up doesn't dim the page behind????
    Thanks Mike
    Mike, perhaps I wasn't clear in my Post (http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...362#post552362), but you untick the option for displaying the slideshow controls.
    The setting is in Image > Options... > Gallery options: untick Show gallery browser controls.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi zaphodeist,
    I've done this but the close X in a circle to close the pop up appears in the top right hand corner of the black square which bothers me because of the different screens that the site will be viewed on. Some people will not see the close X in a circle and might think the sites crap!!!