Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: MASTER PAGES - HOW LONG DO WE HAVE TO WAIT?

you could have mis-typed it in an unfortunate way - could always try doing it again and see if it works
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ok, good idea.

"S O T H I N K HTML Editor" by Sourcetec, a Chinese company which sells things like Quicker ... a Flash program (AS3 last time I used it) as well as other software related to web design.

Thanks, but just curious why Sourcetec's HTML Editor's name has been changed to ******* ....
    Hmm? Usually when we mods step in and edit a post it shows who edited the post and sometimes an explanation why. Xara is not an HTML editor nor does it try to be. Odd. I just did a search. Is the application you are referring to ******* HTML Editor? http://*******-html-editor.software.informer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Hmm? Usually when we mods step in and edit a post it shows who edited the post and sometimes an explanation why. Xara is not an HTML editor nor does it try to be. Odd. I just did a search. Is the application you are referring to ******* HTML Editor? http://*******-html-editor.software.informer.com/
    Well, kinda LOL!!!

I used to be a mod on their forums from about 2004 to 2013 ... they refused to stop the spammers by using simple changes, they just expected us to remove thousands of posts every week. Finally got tired of dealing with a forum that had over a hundred thousand members and all but about 200 of them were bots or spammers.

Maybe that's why the filters don't like that name.

OK. That is really weird. I have been a moderator here since around 2000 or whenever i/us became TalkGraphics and that is the first time I have seen this happen. To my own post. Must be built into the forum software. I cannot remember ever seen this happen to any post before.

That name has been redacted automatically for quite a few years. Think it was to do with spamming/viruses.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

OK. Understand, John. But we are getting off topic.

I really want to hear from more users as to Master Pages. Good idea? Not a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    OK. Understand, John. But we are getting off topic.

I really want to hear from more users as to Master Pages. Good idea? Not a good idea?
    I think it's a great idea! I hope Xara listens.

Would be very nice because this would make designing a website much easier. First, work on the overall layout and looks of the site (set up the master page(s)) and, next, enter the contents and such. I have the experience that it's too easy to accidentally change the global layout (with repeating objects) while working on a page-related element or that it's too difficult to change a global aspect in the way I intended.

I'm a very long-time user of Serif's WebPlus app, only recently purchasing Xara 365, and now, finally, able to log in here, although I've been a lurker for months. OK, I'm biased, however, I find the master page concept to be ideal. I sometimes combine MPs, where a page happens to use elements from both, but is the only page to do so. The biggest advantage to me, is that I know where all of my MP (repeating) objects reside. Clean...easy to remember...easy to find. I always set up the MP first, then go about the setup of individual pages.

Riston Rants in NWArkansas