Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default upgrading to webdesgner 12

Hi,

I have upgraded from WDP 11 to WDP 12. How do I migrate all my web sites profile publishing settings from WDP 11 to WDP 12

thanks in advance

Default Re: upgrading to webdesgner 12

You open the current .web website files in WD365 and then save the document. I would open the current sites, decide if you want to update the text (I never know what to do here so usually say now, keep the current formatting) and then use save as and give the document a new name. This way if you go too far wrong, you can go back to the old document and start again.

Hi Gary, I think Henry is refering to the website publishing profiles. This has been raised previously as they don't seem to be remember across versions.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi

See attached images I am referring to. I think this happens because v12 installs in a new directory.

I need to transfer the profile list for my site configurations to version 12

regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webprofileWD11.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	112558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webprofileWD12.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	112559  

Hi,

Any feedback on this question.

Hi Henryluiz

I raised the same issue in this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ofiles-back-up

From the responses I received it appears that the site FTP information is stored in your systems registry and there is no easy process to transfer the whole of your site configuration in one go.

As per the suggestion in this thread, I opened an earlier version of a site for each domain name and resaved the individual profile, once I got started it did not take long to do, but there was always the potential of making a mistake and overwriting a site with the wrong one.

I really think that this is an omission that Xara should address and include a tool or process to do this.