Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: PNG export -- can't enter DPI number manually

Quote Originally Posted by David.P View Post
    OMG... hat was a link to the super trivial Google image search below......................
    google.com/search?q=windows+dpi+settings&tbm=isch
    No, I should correct that. I am using Xara PAGD 11. The issue comes up in every case where people have a hiDPI screen and have the Windows DPI settings set to more than 100%.
    Cheers David
    David, I flagged a concern to the Moderators.
    You were indicating "resizenable" as a solution to your problem. The program itself may not be a problem but the number of sites that "offer" it might be, as useful utilities attract malware. Also, it has not been updated since 2011 so it might never have been checked against W10.
    While it might work for you and be a great solution for others, the final problem is its utility is quite invasive so users' machines might gain unexpected consequences.

The Digi Talis name and website design and content were all alerts to me: old OSs, generic SQL scripts, no MD5 checksums for the utilities; generally no provenance.

The Google Images link did nothing to providing an answer to handrawn; it was akin to handing over a dictionary and saying "Here you are."

I made a judgement call,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The Google Images link did nothing to providing an answer to handrawn; it was akin to handing over a dictionary and saying "Here you are."
    That's hogwash and you know it. Providing a link to Google's start page would be "handing over a dictionary".

Instead I handed over the dictionary with the correct page opened that answers the question with respect to all versions of Windows.

The link to ResizeEnable presents the currently only way to quickly work around that PAGD bug.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by David.P View Post
    That's hogwash and you know it. Providing a link to Google's start page would be "handing over a dictionary".
    Instead I handed over the dictionary with the correct page opened that answers the question with respect to all versions of Windows.
    The link to ResizeEnable presents the currently only way to quickly work around that PAGD bug.
    Cheers.
    I respect your opinion,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, that's lovely.

you might try it on another computer - see, with something like this it does not have to be the xara program that is 'at fault' - it could be an 'unfortunate' combination of factors such as graphics chip/drivers, monitor aspect_ratio/resolution... etc; and even if all these are up to date and set at recommended settings, some combinations just don't gel - witness the fact that some people get these problems, and some don't

EDIT - oh and are you using the official black UI or the no longer supported grey one? - just been reminded in another thread that the grey one can cause screen rendering problems under certain conditions ......
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Been there, did that, see post #6. The problem is the same on all my computers because they all have HiRes screens and therefore have the DPI settings at above 100%.

ok - but it does not happen on a computer that does not have HiRes - right?
    Nothing lasts forever...

It does not happen on any computer where the Windows DPI settings are set to 100%.

well all I can say to that is: it does not happen for me

so I am inclined still to think the problem is in the computer configuration ...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I am inclined still to think the problem is in the computer configuration ...
    Did I mention that it is the Windows DPI settings that bring up this bug in Xara? I think I did